10.4.3 Available via 'Software Update'

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
97MB in size

Go get it ...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Got it and everything appears okay except Internet Explorer does't work. The spinning beachball stays in view....any suggestions?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Software update is super slow. I'm getting much better speeds from here: http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...pdate1043.html
  • Reply 3 of 9
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    10.4.3 apparently breaks EyeHome 1.6. Application launches, waits about 30 seconds then quits. Found this behaviour on iMac G5 and Powerbook G4.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    OK, I did it, meaning I updated (using Software Update which was pretty quick in my case). I have to admit though, I was very nervous about doing it - the update from 10.4.2 to 10.4.3 I mean, as I hadn't been experiencing any problems what-so-ever . Still, Apple recommended it for 'all' users, so I figured what the hey? Then it wanted to restart - I held my breath as when it booted back up, it took a little longer than it ever had before, but everything came up fine ! So, now I'm the happy user of an iBook 14" G4 running 'Tiger' 10.4.3 8).

Now, what I don't understand is, with alternatives like Firefox, Camino, Opera and Safari, why would anyone even consider, much less 'want' to run IE (Internet Explorer) ?!?!?

So far, I haven't noticed anything significantly different, but then I just finished the update and haven't had much time to 'play' with things. Hope everyone else has as smooth a transition from 10.4.2 to 10.4.3 as I did!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I'm with MrSin: Justify your desire to run IE/Mac!

Yes, that boot up took a VERY long time... long enough to make me nervous... but so far so good. We'll have to see if it irons out the bugs I've experienced.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Hmm the update seemed to break my M-Audio Audiophile 2496 card... doesn't play anything but static now. Hopefully new drivers will be available soon.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Went to bed with beachball spinning and all was well in the morning....

Quote:

Originally posted by low747pfe

Got it and everything appears okay except Internet Explorer does't work. The spinning beachball stays in view....any suggestions?

• Reply 8 of 9
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:

Originally posted by physguy

10.4.3 apparently breaks EyeHome 1.6. Application launches, waits about 30 seconds then quits. Found this behaviour on iMac G5 and Powerbook G4.

I found that going back to Eyehome 1.5.2 seems to work.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by low747pfe

Went to bed with beachball spinning and all was well in the morning....

Ahhh MicroSoft. :P