Cinebench resultes made with the new Powermac G5

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Post results here.. I want to compare it with the previous system. Are they faster or slower?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    does anyone have the new Quad PM yet?
  • Reply 2 of 26
    jedhajedha Posts: 24member
    Quote:

Originally posted by theapplegenius

does anyone have the new Quad PM yet?

They should be delivered within 24h
  • Reply 3 of 26
    okay, i didn't check so i didn't know.
  • Reply 4 of 26
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'm not ordering mine for another few weeks. I need to come up with the rest of the money. Apple kind of sprung this on us unexpectedly.
  • Reply 5 of 26
    Quote:

I'm not ordering mine for another few weeks. I need to come up with the rest of the money. Apple kind of sprung this on us unexpectedly.

Come on, Onlooker. You've been whining about this for years! You've even got yer Quadro. Top of the range.

You SHOULD be ready!!!

Nah, just kidding. I'm getting the funds together myself. This is the ONE.

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 6 of 26
    Personally, I'm waiting on the 7800GT.

The Quadro isn't 400% better. For Maya...a Quadro will do ok.

For a Lightwave user like me? The 7800GT will blister... More than enough...

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 7 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lemon Bon Bon

Personally, I'm waiting on the 7800GT.

The Quadro isn't 400% better. For Maya...a Quadro will do ok.

For a Lightwave user like me? The 7800GT will blister... More than enough...

Lemon Bon Bon

Then it's your time to buy if you have your funds ready because It's available now.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    It is if you're American!

I check the UK Apple store...not up, yet!

Grrr....

I await...it's arrival. Then...I'm going in...

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 9 of 26
    6-8 weeks.

That takes me to...Ulp. Christmas? Just in time for?

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 10 of 26
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lemon Bon Bon

6-8 weeks.

That takes me to...Ulp. Christmas? Just in time for?

Lemon Bon Bon

i hope i will have my quad in the middle of november ... no BTO...
  • Reply 11 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Krassy

i hope i will have my quad in the middle of november ... no BTO...

Unless they are backordered by the time you order a no BTO option should ship quite promptly.
  • Reply 12 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Unless they are backordered by the time you order a no BTO option should ship quite promptly.

would be so cooool - i'll just add 2 Gigs of RAM. it will be a good working machine for logic pro 7
  • Reply 13 of 26
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    My quad powemac is supposed to be shipped the 17 of this month. I stay with the 6600, otherwise I will have to wait for 2006.

I need it now, because my retailer do not want to admit my G5 1,6 do not work properly : it freeze all the time when I use in a network. I am sure they did not tested it that way. Worse they asked me to contact Apple to ask them if the G5 1,6 is GSX compatible.

Why did I pay them, if they are not able to ask this question directly to Apple ?

I am very angry against my retailer. My next macs will be bought on the Apple store. I did not want to pay an extra, for no service, worse for refusing to fix my computer.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

My quad powemac is supposed to be shipped the 17 of this month. I stay with the 6600, otherwise I will have to wait for 2006.

I need it now, because my retailer do not want to admit my G5 1,6 do not work properly : it freeze all the time when I use in a network. I am sure they did not tested it that way. Worse they asked me to contact Apple to ask them if the G5 1,6 is GSX compatible.

Why did I pay them, if they are not able to ask this question directly to Apple ?

I am very angry against my retailer. My next macs will be bought on the Apple store. I did not want to pay an extra, for no service, worse for refusing to fix my computer.

but i think you won't get that quad from the same retailer? good luck (shipping date seems really early)... but then again - maybe mine will be shipped around that time too ... whew.
  • Reply 15 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Krassy

but i think you won't get that quad from the same retailer? good luck (shipping date seems really early)... but then again - maybe mine will be shipped around that time too ... whew.

Yes I will get the quad from the Apple store. BTW they did not confirmed the order yet (I just recieved the first email)

My secretary had encountered hundreds of crash (computer freezed : need to restart via the power button) the last two months, with the 4D server based software.

We called for assistance the software company several times, who tried to help us each time (updates, verifications, new system, new hd).

After several unsuccesfull attempts, they asked us, to change my G5 with her. Result : it works now flawlessly for her, it crash all the time for me. It's evident that the G5 has a problem (probabily when it come to ethernet connections : server or printer). I asked them to fix the problem. Answer we runned your computer a whole day, and it don't crash. Take it back ! and ask Apple if it's GSX compatible.

I am going to phone them tomorrow : they'd better give me a better answer than this one, but I fear that they will ignore me, and that G5 will become a game computer for my childrens ...
  • Reply 16 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Yes I will get the quad from the Apple store. BTW they did not confirmed the order yet (I just recieved the first email)

My secretary had encountered hundreds of crash (computer freezed : need to restart via the power button) the last two months, with the 4D server based software.

We called for assistance the software company several times, who tried to help us each time (updates, verifications, new system, new hd).

After several unsuccesfull attempts, they asked us, to change my G5 with her. Result : it works now flawlessly for her, it crash all the time for me. It's evident that the G5 has a problem (probabily when it come to ethernet connections : server or printer). I asked them to fix the problem. Answer we runned your computer a whole day, and it don't crash. Take it back ! and ask Apple if it's GSX compatible.

I am going to phone them tomorrow : they'd better give me a better answer than this one, but I fear that they will ignore me, and that G5 will become a game computer for my childrens ...

Well I wouldn't do this to my kids, it's totally unfair, daddy's got a brand new quad and they're stuck on a moody old 1.6. C'mon, don't they deserve better? Get them a quad too, it's almost osx-mas! And have your secretary wrap it very nicely.

Chris, on or before 11/29
  • Reply 17 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris_here

Well I wouldn't do this to my kids, it's totally unfair, daddy's got a brand new quad and they're stuck on a moody old 1.6. C'mon, don't they deserve better? Get them a quad too, it's almost osx-mas! And have your secretary wrap it very nicely.

Chris, on or before 11/29

My kids are only 6 and almost 10 : they are more concerned by the software, than raw performance. In fact they love more their PC, than macs, because there is more games on it.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    Update. I phoned to my retailer. My secretary did not explained me clearly the situation.

It's not retailer fault it's Apple.

I bought Applecare two years ago. My former secretary phoned them to register the computers.

Unfortunately at the time Apple forgot to register us. So I was obliged to pass one hour at phone in order to be registered again. Everything was supposed to be fixed.

One week later, we are still not registered. I phoned an another time. They said that for unknow reason, I am not listed yet. Luckily I had at phone the same guy (it's easy to remember for me, we have the same name). He apologies, and said that he will try to fix the problem.

I wonder if this problem will be fixed. Otherwise I will phone to an Apple executive.

My retailer said that they runned the Apple hardware test CD, and everything was ok. But they had encountered the same problem two or three times, and the graphic card was guilty. He explained me, that with new tech like quark, the graphic card is active and sent back data to the mobo. It might be the reason for such problems.
  • Reply 19 of 26
    heh. wtf i clicked on this link thinking i would see cinebench benchmarks for a broad range of powermac g5s. instead, i got the appleinsider equivalent of goatSex
  • Reply 20 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

heh. wtf i clicked on this link thinking i would see cinebench benchmarks for a broad range of powermac g5s. instead, i got the appleinsider equivalent of goatSex

Ok, I derailed thist thead, but it seems that no people have both cinebench and the new powermacs to run the test right now