Apple Store purchase question

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi, I finally decided that I couldn't wait any longer and have to have a new powerbook. Anyway, I applied for the Apple Credit and, being a poor college student, was given a $1500 credit limit. The new powerbook I want (15") is 1800 + tax and the representative I talked to today said that there was no way that I could put 1500 on my Apple credit and then pay the rest with my debit. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this or if I should just try back tomorrow and see if I get someone different. Thanks for any help.

Bryan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    That seems odd. I've never had a problem doing exactly that at other stores (I just did that at Best Buy when buying appliances a couple weeks back). I wanted to take advantage of some financing promotion they had going on.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by brclark82

Hi, I finally decided that I couldn't wait any longer and have to have a new powerbook. Anyway, I applied for the Apple Credit and, being a poor college student, was given a $1500 credit limit. The new powerbook I want (15") is 1800 + tax and the representative I talked to today said that there was no way that I could put 1500 on my Apple credit and then pay the rest with my debit. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this or if I should just try back tomorrow and see if I get someone different. Thanks for any help.

Bryan

Call again, get a differant rep, or just go to the Apple store and see if they can do it.

Having worked retail, I can tell you, big ticket items are often paid with multiple forms of payment (e.g. I didnt expect the cell phone to cost quite this much, so can I give you $x in cash and write a cheque for the balance?)

Just get a differant rep, I am sure Apple will gladly take your money.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ok thanks, i'll try today.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    i'm sure it's the last thing you want to ask yourself at this point, but do you really need the $1800 powerbook? debt sucks, and starting out life with a load of it sucks even more. can you get by with a refurb? or an iBook? or what you have?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Actually, my job is going to pay for most of it, I just wanted it now so I paid for it and then they'll reimburse me. Anyway I finally got it, BTW apple.com now offers a pay with 2 cards option. It's my first mac and I can't wait. Thanks for your help.