Front Row on Macmini

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    I've heard it's only 2.8 megs so I don't suppose anyone with the application would be willing to email it to me? I'm behind my uni's network, so can't get it via Bit Torrent.

If anyone is willing please PM so I can use it.
  • Reply 22 of 42
    how do i buy front row for my Mac
  • Reply 23 of 42
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Quote:

Originally posted by C.A.T.S. CEO

how do i buy front row for my Mac

By a new iMac.
  • Reply 24 of 42
    here isn't front row

http://www.apple.com/imac

Admin Edit: No posting links to copyrighted software.
  • Reply 25 of 42
    evilcat:

I think your link is violating the posting guidelines.
  • Reply 26 of 42
    Im new here. Whats wrong with it?
  • Reply 27 of 42
    Is anyone using a remote with the mini for Front Row?
  • Reply 28 of 42
    evilcat,

Could be that you are posting a link to copyrighted material that is not for sale separately.
  • Reply 29 of 42
    I just bought a Keyspan Digital Remote and I use it with Frontrow. The remote is infrared and it's pretty awesome even without Frontrow. Definately worth the price for the remote. It took me 5 minutes to make sure it worked with Frontrow. Pretty cool I'm running Frontrow on an 800 mhz iMac just for the music it works pretty well.
  • Reply 30 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bulky Cranium

evilcat,

Could be that you are posting a link to copyrighted material that is not for sale separately.

OMG, that site is in so much shit when Apple finds out.
  • Reply 31 of 42
    also evilcat, its "the funnest app we've ever written" not "funniest". douche. this link needs to vanish from here asap before none of us can browse the forums because some apple legal BS...
  • Reply 32 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by Trans9B

...this link needs to vanish from here asap before none of us can browse the forums because some apple legal BS...

I decided to send the moderator of this forum a pm regarding this.

The link realy needs to be removed.
  • Reply 33 of 42
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bka77

I decided to send the moderator of this forum a pm regarding this.

The link realy needs to be removed.

No kidding, anyone interested enough to apply the hack could find it on their own
  • Reply 34 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

No kidding, anyone interested enough to apply the hack could find it on their own

That's true.

But due to the legal issues it is better not to post a actual link to a site where you can download it.
  • Reply 35 of 42
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    I thought Front Row was hardware dependent?

• Reply 36 of 42
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPoster

I thought Front Row was hardware dependent?

It is sorta pointless without the remote, but a BT cell phone can allegedly controll the thing
  • Reply 37 of 42
    since Front Row can also be operated by keyboard, my apple wireless keyboard does just fine. i do a lot of cooking, so i connect my 20 inch cinema display to my powerbook, set it up where i can see it from the kitchen, and put the keyboard on an area of the surface i wont screw up. works like a charm and using it from a distance like that is a really enjoyable experience. definitely not hardware dependent. apple is just trying really hard to market the new imac. my guess is that it'll be part of iLife 06.
  • Reply 38 of 42
    update: seems like i'm the only one still interested in this! well, i've read a lot of people complaining that you can't access your ipod when connected with front row, and i have discovered a really simple and obvious way around that. load iTunes first, select your iPod as the source, then play whatever song you want to kick off. then reveal front row - under now playing will be the song you selected, and you can pause/play, skip backwards/forwards. it'll display the album artwork and song info, you just can't browse. not 100% what i wanted, but i have a laptop with precious HD space that i don't clutter up with music. the tunes stay on the ipod, so now i have access to my whole library!
  • Reply 39 of 42
    My problem with Front Row is that it doesn't "SEE" shared libraries from the network for iTunes or iPhoto. The location where I manage/create/edit content (office) and the location where I like to enjoy that content with a 10' interface (Living Room) are not the same. Why not let Front Row see your shared music and photos just like iTunes and iPhoto do?

Hopefully the product is improved before its release as part of iLife '06. Still, it's slick looking and a strong start from Apple on what I PRAY will be a greater presence in the Living/Family Room.
  • Reply 40 of 42
    I'm decided that Apple should cut their losses with the whole album list thing and employ the guy who made CoverFlow. In my opinion this is the ultimate way to browse through albums, and this would add a lot more to Front Row.

Add a intuitive way to download hi quality album art from iTMS and they are laughing.