Quad PowerMac shipping times

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i've ordered mine on the 24th of october. my local dealer cannot specify an excact shipping date. is there anybody who ordered at the apple store and got a shipping date? who else ordered a quad (order date/shipping time?)

thanks a lot,

krassy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 52
    I'm supposedly shipping on or before the 18th. I ordered about 2 days after the announcement but Apple managed to lose part of my wire transfer so I don't think I got into line until about a week after. However most dates I've seen from other people are around the 16th-18th timeframe.
  • Reply 2 of 52
    Ordered 10/28, shipping 11/29 or BEFORE

500 GB HD, 2x512 MB, GeForce 6600, BT Mouse&KB
  • Reply 3 of 52
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    thanks for the replies so far. i would appreciate beeing kept on track with your shipping dates :-)

as for the bose companion i think bose has very good speakers in all form factors and is some kind of a big player in the car-sound-business. they can get a very good sound out of very small boxes... i would say it was a good choice.
  • Reply 4 of 52
    I forgot to add mine is stock except for the wireless package.
  • Reply 5 of 52
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    ordered mine, one day after the introduction. Shipping date the 17 th november
  • Reply 6 of 52
    mccrabmccrab Posts: 201member
    Ordered the Quad on 29th October from dealer in Hong Kong (2x500 HD, 4GB, 7800) - dealer said to expect delivery in the last week of November or first week December.
  • Reply 7 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by McCrab

Ordered the Quad on 29th October from dealer in Hong Kong (2x500 HD, 4GB, 7800) - dealer said to expect delivery in the last week of November or first week December.

very cool. now i've hope that mine will also arrive around that time... phew a very nice machine for christmas to play with
  • Reply 8 of 52
    dage007dage007 Posts: 320member
    Ordered mine the day of. FX4500 card, wireless/bluetooth, 2x 23" displays. Ordered the ram etc.. elsewhere. Also ordered express shipping.

Ship date 17th
  • Reply 9 of 52
    It seems that the first quad are shipping right now.

The sad thing is that Apple did not confirm my order yet. Perhaps they are waiting my G5 to be ready before confirming it.
  • Reply 10 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

It seems that the first quad are shipping right now.

The sad thing is that Apple did not confirm my order yet. Perhaps they are waiting my G5 to be ready before confirming it.

are you sure? wow that'd be good. where did you have that info from? thx.
  • Reply 11 of 52
    i saw someone on think secret forums had recieved his quad!
  • Reply 12 of 52
    I ordered a 2.3 dual on Nov. 1 with express delivery and was given a ship date of Nov. 8 On The 9th the ship date was revised to the 18th. I made a call to apple and they said it was due to unexpected demand. They're probably more keen on getting those quads out fast. If it doesn't ship by tomorrow I'm going to call and see what kind of a ship date they would give me on a quad. What's an extra grand? Any confirmation that they are indeed shipping quads?
  • Reply 14 of 52
    Apple did not confirm my command yet (?), but my order status said that My quad leaved Cork (Ireland) the 11/15. Generally it's a three day delay, before shipping.
  • Reply 15 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Apple did not confirm my command yet (?), but my order status said that My quad leaved Cork (Ireland) the 11/15. Generally it's a three day delay, before shipping.

you ordered the day after introduction. how can it be that they ship this one week later than the ones ordered a day before? there seems to be strong demand...
  • Reply 16 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by PlanB

I ordered a 2.3 dual on Nov. 1 with express delivery and was given a ship date of Nov. 8 On The 9th the ship date was revised to the 18th. I made a call to apple and they said it was due to unexpected demand. They're probably more keen on getting those quads out fast. If it doesn't ship by tomorrow I'm going to call and see what kind of a ship date they would give me on a quad. What's an extra grand? Any confirmation that they are indeed shipping quads?

JUst on a note about the express shipping. Everytime that I requested express shipping and the ship date was changed to a later date, I put a complaint in and received a credit for the express shipping. MInd you tehy kept my order wiht express shipping, they jsut reimbursed me for the inconvinience. A little extra cash back is always nice.
  • Reply 17 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by Krassy

you ordered the day after introduction. how can it be that they ship this one week later than the ones ordered a day before? there seems to be strong demand...

I don't know if the quad ordered in the US apple store are also coming from Cork.
  • Reply 18 of 52
    The apple store has revised there ship times for stock Quads... from 2-3 weeks to 7 -10 business days! Looks promising!
  • Reply 19 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris_here

Ordered 10/28, shipping 11/29 or BEFORE

500 GB HD, 2x512 MB, GeForce 6600, BT Mouse&KB

My quad is on it's way! Shipped 11 days earlier than expected. And the GF 6600 is good enough for me.

Chris
  • Reply 20 of 52
    My order was pushed back to on or before Dec 6. It was supposed to go on or before the Nov 18. The specs were stock except wireless package.