Motorola introduces RAZR V3i handset with iTunes

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Is there any word on whether it will sync at the 480Mbps USB 2 mode?
  • Reply 22 of 40
    filburtfilburt Posts: 398member
    Although it is cool looking from physical point of view, its UI is still atrociously bad.

I don't understand why the phone is so popular among Mac users. They should care about UI more than typical Windows users.
  • Reply 23 of 40
    I'll second the UI complaints. It is the worst UI I've EVER seen on a phone.

On the songs as ringtones issue, you should be able to do it. The standard V3 can play MP3s as ringtones, so at worst you may have to move the file into another area on your phone for it to see it (assuming you can't set it directly from the iTunes part).
  • Reply 24 of 40
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CharlesS

I can't say much about the new RAZR, but with the existing one that Cingular has, it is indeed possible to transfer pictures and ringtones to/from the phone via Bluetooth.

w00t! A fair company! No artificial handicapping!
  • Reply 25 of 40
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by filburt

Although it is cool looking from physical point of view, its UI is still atrociously bad.

I don't understand why the phone is so popular among Mac users. They should care about UI more than typical Windows users.

I have played with the Moto v551 and it uses the same software as the razor, the UUI isnt good by defaut, but oyu can change elements of it and make it work pretty good, as good as my Sanyo anyhow...

Name a better phone UI, must be flip, and dont dare say Samsung, they suck worse than Moto
  • Reply 26 of 40
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Interesting news. The price of the Rokkr has just been lowered to $149.95 with a contract.

I imagine that this will mean that the price of the new one will be about what the price of the old one was.
  • Reply 27 of 40
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Interesting news. The price of the Rokkr has just been lowered to $149.95 with a contract.

Not at T-Mobile's site. I swear they're going to be late to their own takeover.
  • Reply 28 of 40
    I'm on my second RAZR (Black is Beautiful!) and I think it's not just Mac users who find this phone popular, but everyone who is design or fashion conscious. The best UI and compatibility with the Mac is ANY Sony Ericsson from the old T68 on down. I really like Moto's handset design but nobody beats S/E for UI. I had a T616 that not only remembered the last 30 calls, but had little icons to show which were incoming or outgoing, whether a message was left and when you selected one to call back you could switch between which number you wanted to use even their email;ALL FROM THE SAME SCREEN!!
  • Reply 29 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Not at T-Mobile's site. I swear they're going to be late to their own takeover.

Cingular.
  • Reply 30 of 40
    meh. more moto rubbish. whatevs (IMO the RAZR is the only decent phone moto has but the UI still looks like ass.)
  • Reply 31 of 40
    **stupid question**

whats a UI?
  • Reply 32 of 40
    Not stupid at all.

It's User Interface.
  • Reply 33 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Project2501

God, that is one ugly phone!

Not!

This is the iPod phone i was hoping for. It's just sad it only holds 100 songs. I should hold 400 min.

The Motorola UI is much better then the Samsung I had before so I'm happy with it.
  • Reply 34 of 40
    Not crazy about any of Moto's offerings. If Apple is just sniffing around this market, I expect them to own it once they really commit. They would do as bang up a job with phones as they do with iTunes. As a matter of fact, I would guess they had been studying the cell phone/subscription service market as part of their systems design for iTunes. Cell phone service is like printing money for the phone companies.

The craziest part of it is that iTunes is not a necessity like cell phones have become, but it sure seems like it is since it serves so many markets now (i.e.: storage of one's CD library, new music downloads, video on-the-go, podcasting).

It's been amazing to watch the people at Apple work to bring the company back to pre-eminence, and thank Steve Jobs for that. He is the living, breathing embodiment of Apple.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    heh. that's why ed zander is/was pissed. he realised how he got *used* by apple ah, but anyway moto came out of the deal alright. their associations with apple will translate into increased phone sales and increased brand value, i'm sure........ not to mention cingular as well.
  • Reply 36 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpamSandwich

Not crazy about any of Moto's offerings. If Apple is just sniffing around this market, I expect them to own it once they really commit. They would do as bang up a job with phones as they do with iTunes. As a matter of fact, I would guess they had been studying the cell phone/subscription service market as part of their systems design for iTunes. Cell phone service is like printing money for the phone companies.

The craziest part of it is that iTunes is not a necessity like cell phones have become, but it sure seems like it is since it serves so many markets now (i.e.: storage of one's CD library, new music downloads, video on-the-go, podcasting).

It's been amazing to watch the people at Apple work to bring the company back to pre-eminence, and thank Steve Jobs for that. He is the living, breathing embodiment of Apple.

The Razr's are pretty popular though. If it can get Apple in a good position in this industry, then it's a good thing.

These entry's into the market don't cost Apple anything. They learn from the experience either way.

And MOTO gets blamed if it doesn't work out, but Apple gets a lot of the praise if it does.

Good deal!
  • Reply 37 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

The Razr's are pretty popular though. If it can get Apple in a good position in this industry, then it's a good thing.

These entry's into the market don't cost Apple anything. They learn from the experience either way.

And MOTO gets blamed if it doesn't work out, but Apple gets a lot of the praise if it does.

Good deal!

I hear ya. Steve once again provides rock-solid strategy and a good "out" if things don't work.
  • Reply 38 of 40
  • Reply 39 of 40
    wtf is that legal?
  • Reply 40 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

wtf is that legal?

I can't imagine it not being stolen.