an app that will split long mp3s into smaller tracks?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
hey all,

i've got this particularly long DJ mix as one large mp3 file. I've found a tracklisting for it, so want to break it up into smaller files. I can't get i iTunes to do a very good job at this, it doesn't seem to want to cut them in the right place.....

anyway, if you know of an application that will do what i want, speak up. Please?

thanks all

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by spiers69

hey all,

i've got this particularly long DJ mix as one large mp3 file. I've found a tracklisting for it, so want to break it up into smaller files. I can't get i iTunes to do a very good job at this, it doesn't seem to want to cut them in the right place.....

Not sure how you are doing it, but if you get info on a track you can set stop and start times. Then if you "Convert Selection to xxx" it will copy the track, only copying the specified times. I guess this is what you're doing though as I can't think of any other way to do it.

I personally use QT Pro to do it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    This is a good place to start...

I use a script called "copy from start to stop" you just put in the start time and the stop time and hay presto.

there are loads of other useful ones also

http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/

j.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I use cue splitter. It requires you to have (or create) a valid cue file for the DJ set that you want to split but it works a treat.

CueSplitter