landline telephone and addressbook

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hi all

i have a bluetooth mobile phone and i can use that with addressbook just fine, it pops up SMS messages etc or tells me who's calling, and can make outgoing calls and SMS, sync etc.

i looked around the network properties for the V.92 modem and it gives the impression i can do a similar thing with my landline. at the very least i'd like it to popup caller details and show missed calls. if this is possible i'd appreciate some help setting it up.

i have a mac mini with 10.4.3 and i live in the uk. my phoneline provider is bulldog, not BT but i shouldn't imagine that would make a difference. i connect my mac to the phoneline through a socket doubler (one for mac, one for the phone itself) and then an ADSL splitter.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Caller ID in the US is an extra function on phones. You have to contact your provider to activate this function.

reg
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by reg

Caller ID in the US is an extra function on phones. You have to contact your provider to activate this function.

reg

cheers for the reply

in the uk caller ID is a free service. we have 1471 which is much the same as your *69 but is enabled for everyone.