Page layout suggestion

regreg
Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Being that I am a bit lazy, could you consider a couple changes to the page layouts. I hate having to scroll to the bottom of the page to get to the forum jump button. Could a second button be added to the top right above "Post new Topic" or add extra images at the top that would take us directly to a specific forum or make the "Forum" button in the top left under AppleInsider a drop down menu.

The system already shows us topics we have read or bypassed, so why should we have to scroll past them again? Thanks for your time and the real reason I ask this is to save the skin on my finger and not make a rut in my track pad.

reg

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by reg

The system already shows us topics we have read or bypassed, so why should we have to scroll past them again?

When you're in a particular forum, do you use the down-pointing arrow just to the left of the thread titles? Those down arrows take you to the first post that you haven't read since last you visited. If you use those down arrows to jump to new posts in the thread, you can then scroll down to read what's new and when you hit the bottom, voila, there's the forum jump.

That said, I sometimes find myself near the top of the page and I want to jump to another forum. It's a little bit extra step, but I always click on the "AppleInsider" in the hierarchy listing (e.g. AppleInsider >> Feedback >> Page layout suggestion) and it takes me to the forum list page where I just select the next one I want.

Just some things for you until they put the drop-down at the top of the page, if they'll do it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Yes I use the arrows and they are very handy especially on long threads. There are 6 buttons that all go to the main forum page, the one you mentioned, the forum button a little higher up under AppleInsider and the 4 images in the top right. That is a bit of over kill to get to the main forum page. Maybe they should have a contest and give away some prices for best icon/images for each forum. I am sure if they offered a Quad there would be more entries than they could deal with. Then again just a forum jump button up near the top would work for me.

reg
  • Reply 3 of 3
    regreg Posts: 832member
    It was really strange that I finally scrolled to the very bottom of one of the pages after all these years. And there was what I had hoped for, only it was at the bottom and not the top. The very bottom banner under the copy right would be just perfect under the "Forums, Chat and Posting Guidelines banner".

reg