Creating a Sound File

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'd like to create an "audible flashcard" file.

I am studying finance and I'd like to read some things to put into a file...sort of my own question and answer thing.

For eample, : What is Return on Equity...3 second pause....Net income dvided by Shareholder's equity

Then I can load them into my shuffle..and let it play on my runs, bikes, ski runs.

How do I do this with a basic Mac application suite on a Powerbook? Can Garageband do this?

Thanks for your help!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    The best way to do this is using a very nice (and very free) application called Audacity. You can even use your PowerBook's built in microphone to record your voice. Make sure you save the sound files as MP3's then just drag them into iTunes and you can upload them to your iPod.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by baranovich

The best way to do this is using a very nice (and very free) application called Audacity. You can even use your PowerBook's built in microphone to record your voice. Make sure you save the sound files as MP3's then just drag them into iTunes and you can upload them to your iPod.

Big help. Thanks so much.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Daaaammmmm!

I can't think of anything more boring to put on an iPod.

Quicktime Pro I think has a record function. That costs money.

There is a quick and free program called audio in that will capture audio from a Mic on your computer. That may be the best for a boatload of quick clips. Make sure to add the 3 seconds of silence in your audio track to make things easier. You could import the AIFF files and use iTunes to convert them all at once.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Daaaammmmm!

I can't think of anything more boring to put on an iPod.

Quicktime Pro I think has a record function. That costs money.

There is a quick and free program called audio in that will capture audio from a Mic on your computer. That may be the best for a boatload of quick clips. Make sure to add the 3 seconds of silence in your audio track to make things easier. You could import the AIFF files and use iTunes to convert them all at once.

Yes, it might be the most boring thing in the world. I agree. But finding time ot read with a fulltime jkob, 2 kids and ski season about to begin is next to impossible.

What's even worse is listening to my own voice. I'm going to hate myself by the time I get to cash flow.