iTunes id3 writing from library input

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have a lot of music in my iTunes library, but I want to import it into Traktor DJ studio. The only problem is that when I import it, Traktor uses the original id3 tags that came with the music and not the edited artist and title names that I entered in the library. Is there any way to write the id3 tags based on what has been changed and written in the library?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    As far as I've seen it does update the id3 tags. If you're having a problem with some, try right-clicking the tracks and select "Convert ID3 Tags..." and set the version to none. Then after hitting ok, do it again and set the ID3 tag version.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    iTunes appears only to update id3 v2 tags. If your mp3 files have both v1 and v2 tags, the v1 tags are left alone (at least that's my experience). It could be that when you import your files into Traktor it's reading the v1 tags.

I've had this happen numerous times when copying mp3s to my XP box and playing them through Winamp.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    well, i solved half of the problem. it turns out that importing tracks in traktor won't read the id3 tags. you have to highlight them all in the track collection and control click to tell it to read the id3 tags. I'm still having problems with certain tracks that didn't come with id3 tags attached though
  • Reply 4 of 4
    i guess itunes saves all of the individual track info in an xml file. i just need to find a way to apply the settings in this file to the tags attached to the mp3s, still pretty lost