techscurry.com

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hkbaq

check out this website....it talks about a rumored 50% discount

techscurry.com

Snowball's chance in hell, what credibility does this site have anyways? I say many things on the street, but that doesn't mean they're true.

[edit: Oh, and I really hope you're not just ramping up traffic for your own site with baseless rumour.]
  • Reply 2 of 18
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    My god that site is an awful mish-mash of misspellings, bad rumors, inaccurate facts and potentially illegal stock tips (no disclaimer statements).
  • Reply 3 of 18
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    You have to give them credit for trying... but they could at least have read the forum rules here.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    this website is owned by a friend of mine. this rumor has been going on for a while in UCF, where I got to school. Everybody has heard it. most people say they heard it on tv. how true it is i don't know. he finally wrote the story on his blog and i saw it so i linked it there.....about the stock picks, he is a graduating finance mayor!
  • Reply 5 of 18
    God help us if this is the quality our universities are putting out now. finance mayors!
  • Reply 6 of 18
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    This rumor is stupid beyond words. Even refurbished, you won't see such drop in price for an Apple product.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    university of central florida.

sad.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    I guess the inability to spell correctly is a school wide problem, his friend the upcoming Finance Mayor didn't spell "San Fransisco" right either
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Well just for the record if you walk in any apple store this weekend, it confirms a thanksgiving day sale... "The feast after the feast sale"

So it's sorta true, usually 30-40% on some stuff..
  • Reply 10 of 18
    On one or two things sitting on the open box table maybe.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    If Apple offered 30% off PowerBooks, I'd buy one. No, two.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Wow, a day after Thanksgiving sale...

What a novel concept...!

[/sarcasm]
  • Reply 13 of 18
    I was sure that I got one of these emails about a day after Thanksgiving sale from Apple that MacMinute is talking about. However, it apparently self destructed after I read it. The power of suggestion.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Wow, but think about a 50% discount! Wow! A quad G5 for under $2K! Come to papa!

More likely it will be wireless keyboards & mice, iSights, Airport Extreme basestations, iWork and other slow-selling stuff.\
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Elixir

university of central florida.

sad.

Hey watch it , UCF is some of our Alma Maters here. In fact the Computer Science department is fantastic there in Orlando. But, as far as Mac rumors, I can't vouch for it.

Anyhow, Go Knights!
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Well the grammar in that post didn't help you [sic] cause a whole bunch.

The 50% thing seems to be a 50% off a MS product via mail in rebate when you buy a Mac at the Apple store Friday (+longer???). While I wouldn't call that teh suk, it's hardly worth getting worked up over.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hiro

... While I wouldn't call that teh suk, it's hardly worth getting worked up over.

I'd call it "teh suk" after envisioning a $2K quad.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    Not really Future Hardware.... and posting a new thread and link with little or no original commentary from the poster is frowned apon around AI.

Closing.

b.