Selecting a Browser?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
What Internet Browser do all of you guys use? Right now im running Firefox? What you guys like?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    you appear to have a spelling error in your thread. it should read, "Which BOWSER do you like?"

My favorite Bowser, and the one i think of when i hear "Bowser" is the one from the first Mario (Super Mario Brothers), where Bowser is on his little bridge throwing the hammers and spitting fire and you gotta jump over him and collapse the bridge. Damn, that last castle takes forever to get through though.

The other Bowser that comes to mind is from Super Mario World (the first Mario on Super Nintendo). He was very easy to beat in his little clown propeller car.

Did Mario 2 even have a bowser? I don't remember but i'm thinking it didn't. Mostly just those crazy egg-spitting dinosaur things.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by evazquez757

What Internet Browser do all of you guys use? Right now im running Firefox? What you guys like?

You ought to search this forum for similar threads. This question has been asked too many times to count. A new thread will not shed any new light on the subject, as you should have seen by now.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

My favorite Bowser, and the one i think of when i hear "Bowser" is the one from the first Mario (Super Mario Brothers), where Bowser is on his little bridge throwing the hammers and spitting fire and you gotta jump over him and collapse the bridge. Damn, that last castle takes forever to get through though.

The other Bowser that comes to mind is from Super Mario World (the first Mario on Super Nintendo). He was very easy to beat in his little clown propeller car.

The best Bowser by far must have been the one from Super Mario 64. He's bigger and fatter than he ususally is, but this doesn't seem to prevent Mario from grabbing him by the tail and twirling him around like some kind of demented roulette board. Then of course you had to try to propel the lizard (dragon?) into what appear to be tactical nuclear warheads located at the side of the mysterious floating arena. And how could you forget Bowser breathing fire at you! That was awesome, especially when the little bits of fire eventually turned into coins, you know, like in real life.

Quote:

Did Mario 2 even have a bowser? I don't remember but i'm thinking it didn't. Mostly just those crazy egg-spitting dinosaur things.

Nah, there was some frog guy at the end called Wart or something who threw all this crap at you. I think he was also in that Zelda game for the GameBoy.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by yama

Nah, there was some frog guy at the end called Wart or something who threw all this crap at you. I think he was also in that Zelda game for the GameBoy.

Yeah, and as most of you surely know it's because tat game wasn't actually developed by Nintendo. They just took an exisiting game and slapped on some Mario sprites and released it in the U.S.

http://www.nesplayer.com/features/doki/doki.htm
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I'm still using Mosaic.
  • Reply 6 of 9
  • Reply 7 of 9
    After tinkering around with a bunch of browsers, I've settled on my favorite - Safari with PithHelmet and Saft.

I have used Firefox and Camino, and although both were very lean and fast, they didn't have the overall OS integration and features that I had with Safari. Camino is Mac native, but it still can't match Safari in terms of visual appeal and features.

I keep a copy of Firefox on my machine for a couple sites I need to access that are problematic in Safari (due to cookies I believe). Otherwise, Safari with PH and Saft is the best web combo IMO.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I have used: Camino, Firefox, Mozilla, (I know, shut up), Netscape, IE, Shiira, Opera, OmniWeb, and probably a few more that I can't think of right now.

None of them work better than Safari 2.0.2. End of discussion.

With the latest Java update, safari now renders perfectly.

I have myself started about 30 of this same thread. Nothing beats safari in it's current form.

Each browser has something to offer that Safari doen't, but you will keep coming back to Safari. For example, I love Opera 9.0 (yes, 9.0), but don't use it because of the silly Wand. I love the search and find feature that is in the same window. I have the Find feature that opens a small window that you have to keep going back to! Annoying.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Quote:

Originally posted by evazquez757

I'm currently using "Camino," and often download and run the latest nightly build, which at the moment is Version 2005120304 (1.0b1+), as I like living on the bleeding edge . As others have already mentioned, I too have 'other' browsers on my system, Safari, Firefox 1.5, Shiira, et al, but I'm pulling for Camino, which is also by Mozilla, they are also the source for Firefox.

In my opinion, it comes down to a personal preference and when you have more than one to choose from, everyone will have their personal preference - my personal preference, as with others, is subject to change \. So, try them out, most if not all are 'free,' so the price is right. When you find the one that does it for you, that will be the one you should use .

iBook G4 14", OS X 10.4.3

~ Dogs are the only things on earth that love you more than they love themselves. ---Josh Billings ~