planning a Mac & Pc LAN party

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
just wondering if anyone knew anything I should prepare for especially...also I'm looking for games that work cross platform well, mostly non-fps games...any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    Well, non fps probably rules Warcraft 3 out, though that does run beautifully over LAN (as long as you're using the same version across computers). I'd suggest maybe Battle for Wesnoth, found at www.wesnoth.org. It's a very stable, open source, turn-based strategy game, though individual games may take a while with a lot of players (due to gameplay). Still a fun game though.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    cj171cj171 Posts: 144member
    actually I am considering warcraft 3..i don't see how that's a first person shooter...and of course, diablo as well
  • Reply 3 of 7
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    I'm sorry, for some reason I thought of fps as frames per second, and thought you meant fps intensive as in the hardware people were using was old (mostly why I thought of wesnoth). Bit of a leap in logic on my part, eh?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Starcraft kicks ass.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Make sure you have a DHCP srver/router. Manual IP configuration for a LAN party sucks but is doable.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    cj171cj171 Posts: 144member
    starcraft check

dhcp check

lookin good so far...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Get your list of games out to the attendees as soon as possible. It gives them a chance to buy or pirate the games and set'em up & test them out on their own time.

3 people installing UT2k4 from 1 DVD/CD set wastes an hour if everything runs perfectly.