Apple Stock Observations

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well Apple's stock is again approaching $70 per share (likely to hit it today) and after three years of watching it's growth I dont see it slowing down any time soon. I am curious to see if anyone else sees another split in the near future? Additionally I am curious to see what you guys feel the next 3-6 months holds for Apple with the advent of intel macs and the holiday season. I am debating making some stock purchases and again Apple is on top of my list...any other suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I feel like a retard. I almost sunk a few thousand in at the beginning of the summer but decided to wait. And it more than doubled. DAMN. I hope it goes down for some weird reason like 10 or 20 bucks, and I'm going to sink a ton of cash in to AAPL. Anyone think the first MacTels will have some sort of problem, or anything? Skittish investors make it sink 10 bucks next month perhaps? I hope so.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    i had an opportunity to sink some money in when it hit 45 dollars... how much could i have made by now if i invest a few thousand? someone tell me so i can jump off a building.

anyways, i'm thinking of going in now. good idea? i mean the new mactels could be something to marvel at.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I think the stock is going to continue to grow, as well. There is no comparable electronics company right now that investors would rather sink their money into. It's for this reason that the stock remains somewhat overpriced, but growing. Also, many other companies are floundering and don't seem to be anywhere near a turnaround.

I had been a mutual funds investor until a few years ago when i decided to put some money into stocks. I got AAPL starting just under $15 and have purchased all along (dollar cost averaging). The growth has been shocking.

The tremendous growth this company has shown makes many skittish because they think it has to end soon. Nothing grows this much without stagnating after a few years, right?. I personally believe Apple's growth is nowhere near complete given the growing awareness and popularity its products are achieving.

I'm no professional (but my personally picked stock portfoio has done much better than my professionally managed funds) and I say AAPL is still a buy. I watch this company like a hawk, though. You should, too.

Don't take anyone else's word for it.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    rick- how much return have you made?

i know its a personal question... no one knows you in here personaly thogh so its ok =)
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I've about tripled my original investment, but I haven't bothered to figure out the exact increase.

I'm pleased.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I wanted to add that Piper Jaffray seems to have the best analysis of Apple's business. It just seems like they have a Mac user or something who knows the products inside and out. Other houses seem to make guesses, but don't know Apple at all.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by ricksbrain

I wanted to add that Piper Jaffray seems to have the best analysis of Apple's business. It just seems like they have a Mac user or something who knows the products inside and out. Other houses seem to make guesses, but don't know Apple at all.

I agree with you whole-heartedly.