Apple Store (K-12 Education), Whats Up?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014

Why is this an option in the Apple Online Store?

[ 03-14-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    I think it has something to do with the keyboard, but what?
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Why would it make any difference what keyboard you were using?
  • Reply 3 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by Horned_Frog:

<strong>Why would it make any difference what keyboard you were using?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I dont know but thats what the mac os 9 and mac os x graphics refer to.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>

I dont know but thats what the mac os 9 and mac os x graphics refer to.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmmm... that's really weird.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    I just checked and now it says for the iMac's keyboards only OS X, and the Power Macs keyboards don't say anything about the OS. On what machines did you see that?
  • Reply 6 of 17
    The iBook and iMac
  • Reply 7 of 17

<strong>The iBook and iMac</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well I didn't check the iBook, but now the iMac doesn't have those choices.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    weird
  • Reply 9 of 17

<strong>weird</strong><hr></blockquote>

very
  • Reply 10 of 17
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Silly gooses, those buttons are for your choice of what OS your machine will boot up into.

Do you want OS 9 Macs, or OS X?

The prices are the same either way it is just what they set it to boot up in.

I am a relatively young (for teaching anyway) teacher of 32. I am easily the most tech savvy teacher on our campus. Most of the teachers there have children my age and can barely operate something as simple as an iMac. If they had to change the default startup they would be absolutely dead in the water. So Apple gives them a choice when ordering so... god forbid someone doesn't have to go into the control panels.

Nick
  • Reply 11 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by trumptman:

<strong>Silly gooses, those buttons are for your choice of what OS your machine will boot up into.

Do you want OS 9 Macs, or OS X?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's pretty cool. I think Apple should give everyone that choice, not just the education customers.

[ 03-15-2002: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Look, in order to make it easierr on school districts, Apple still gives them the options to have their boxes boot up in OS9 if they want. That's all. It helps the tech staff (if there is one) and before remote desktop, most schools didn't run OSX.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    I just ordered a white mouse and keyboard at the education store
  • Reply 14 of 17
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by MaCommentary:

<strong>Look, in order to make it easierr on school districts, Apple still gives them the options to have their boxes boot up in OS9 if they want. That's all. It helps the tech staff (if there is one) and before remote desktop, most schools didn't run OSX.</strong><hr></blockquote>

we would be running OS X but guess what. All the iMacs we have don't have enough RAM. good move Apple. ship everything with 64,

And memory upgrades just don't happen in the BOE.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by Cubit:

<strong>I just ordered a white mouse and keyboard at the education store</strong><hr></blockquote>

The keyboard I understand since I got myself a white one too, but why spend $55 (edu. price) on a one button mouse. I got my wireless optical for that price.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    EmAn,

I've asked myself that one, but I have to admit it is just to have it for my iBook....

Which wireless optical do you recommend; I would like to go that way, too.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by Cubit:

<strong>EmAn,

I've asked myself that one, but I have to admit it is just to have it for my iBook....

Which wireless optical do you recommend; I would like to go that way, too.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Mine is the only one I've ever used so I can't reccommend others. I've got the Logitech Mouseman Cordless Optical. It''s very comfortable and it works great.