Conceal paint...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Has anyone used ConceAl touchup paint for PowerBooks and G5 powermacs? If you have was it good or bad, and why? I'm thinking about getting it for my Powerbook G4.

Has anyone heard of any other way to fix scratches on the Aluminum PB?

Thanks for the input.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    So I guess nobody gives a crap, eh? Or maybe nobody knows.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Actually I'd be interested to know that answer to this as well.

I managed to scratch the side of my G5 a month ago and I still twitch everytime I think about it.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by RANSOMED

So I guess nobody gives a crap, eh? Or maybe nobody knows.

I think that it is probably either the latter, or maybe a lot of people did not get online this weekend. I know that I didn't.

I haven't heard of the Conceal touchup paint. Do you have a link for it?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Sure, here is one link: www.buyconceal.com and also www.welovemacs.com has them.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    tekmatetekmate Posts: 134member
    I thought the Aluminum PowerBooks were polished not painted? You would have to be a pretty good to match that.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Well, regardless, www.welovemacs.com has a 14 day return policy on the product, so I went ahead and ordered it. I'll try it out and keep everybody posted on the results.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by TekMate

I thought the Aluminum PowerBooks were polished not painted? You would have to be a pretty good to match that.

Well they're SUPPOSED to be anodized ? but I don't think it's that easy to scratch an anodized surface.

I have an anodized frame on my mountain bike and it's been to hell and back via bushes rocks and crashes and it still looks split new.

I reckon the G5 and the PBs are painted...
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiah

Well they're SUPPOSED to be anodized ? but I don't think it's that easy to scratch an anodized surface.

I have an anodized frame on my mountain bike and it's been to hell and back via bushes rocks and crashes and it still looks split new.

I reckon the G5 and the PBs are painted...

Sounds like a nice frame. What do you ride?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by RANSOMED

Sounds like a nice frame. What do you ride?

2004 Stumpy FSR, full XT throughout with Thomson finishing kit.

Very nice bike, very pleased with it.

Do you ride?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    How did you get on with the paint?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    are you sure you don't have the titanium variety of powerbook g4? those did require touch-up paint eventually. brushed aluminum just scratches. i suppose you could re-brush it with the right tools. i'm thinking a dremel and wirebrush attachment, but DON'T do it just 'cause i said so. the warranty (and finished texture) you violate is your own.

edit: mind you, i am a bit interested in this myself. in the evacuation of our offices after katrina, my g5 took a BEATING in the rental truck, and the exterior is scratched beyond belief. maybe i'll try the dremel and see what happens. it can't be much worse than it is now.