Pbook in Intel ad

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I may be wrong, but I think I just saw a Pbook in an Intel commercial. It is the one with Tony Hawk in it, right after he tells the guy to lose the scarf. It was a really quick shot so I am not completely positive.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    It wouldn't surprise me. Apple computers are always used in commerical aresa where a computer is required. They just look better.

Apple Cinema Displays in Hulk? I remember seeing a G3 ibook in Dawson's creek. But everyone had one. As in, every kid had the same computer (my sister was watching it OKAY!).
  • Reply 2 of 8
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    You mean this one?

That's not a PowerBook. It's either a Sony VAIO or a Compaq. Probably the former.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    jaffijaffi Posts: 14member
    Yes, that is the one, but I was referring to the notebook that is on his lap right after Tony says "loose the scarf". Though, the new PC thin notebooks do look a lot like the old Tibooks. Which, of course, look exactly like todays pbooks when viewed from the Apple logo side. That would explain my confusion. But, like I said, I may be wrong. I only clanced at it and then posted here to see if anybody else knew.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Ironically, i'm pretty sure Tony Hawk is a pretty big mac supporter.

I know, I know, intel macs are coming, but they're not here yet.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Apple switched to Intel?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by His Dudeness

Apple switched to Intel?

Nah, not at all. They would never do that.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Not now at least. This unauthorised use of a PB by Intel will make Steve FLIP. He is going back to Mot for sure now.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    To the good ol' G4 with Velocity Engine. The Switch Now ads are gonna be broadcast on national TV now, with a supplement entitled: The Megahertz Myth.