well...that's it..*yawn* i guess.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i know i shouldn't be expecting more, i mean, apple did state no new hardware. but i still wish they had something more. a dual 1.4-1.6 ghz g4 isn't exactly new hardware--it's just slapping a faster processor to existing hardware. the new monitor is nice, but from 22" to 23"? i don't know how noticable that is. 10 gig ipod? this was actually nice--albeit expected. although it would've been nice to see a colour screen. if there's one thing to take home from this expo is the assurance that imacs are now being pumped out like crazy.

but that's what i think

what's your take, people?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    AIn't life tough?
  • Reply 1 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Well there's a thread in General Discussion about what people think about the iMac price increase.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    the new monitor is nice, but from 22" to 23"?

Ya, and it'll cost you 1000 smackers for that extra inch!!!!!

[ 03-20-2002: Message edited by: DVD_Junkie ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 7
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    The Cinema HD has about 30% more pixels; nothing to sneeze at. Since I've been using 1600x1200 CRTs for years, I always thought the Cinema Display was kinda small.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    max8319max8319 Posts: 347member
    there's no need for a color screen on the ipod at this time. there isn't anything to really utilize it, except for maybe viewing pictures, but they don't have that feature yet (?) so there's no reason, unless you can give me a reason that i have overlooked
  • Reply 6 of 7
    pismeovpismeov Posts: 36member
    i was kinda thinking a resurrected form of the newton inside an ipod--the first pda with a large capacity hard drive. i would've like to see that happen

but apple went a small step forward with the ipod--albeit not as dramatic as i envisioned. it kind of reminds me of an organizer now in a way.

but i still can't get over the imac's new price. it's 3 grand now at the apple store here in canada. i remember when i bought my top of the line imac 333, it cost only 1899 bucks canadian. granted it didn't have much features as the imac now, but the low price was what attracted me to the imac in the first place. i doubt people will be able to say that now.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    [quote]Originally posted by wmf:

<strong>The Cinema HD has about 30% more pixels; nothing to sneeze at. Since I've been using 1600x1200 CRTs for years, I always thought the Cinema Display was kinda small.</strong><hr></blockquote>

For accuracies sake, the Cinema HD Display has 40.625% more pixels, and costs 40% more, so its reasonable priced in comparison.