Opinions: HK vs Bose

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Seeking opinions/thoughts/ideas/whatever on the HK soundsticks II and the Bose companions (with the little "pucks"). One of these will be going with a 15in power book (which will be ordered nxt week, finally!)

Also, I am planning on getting another display, anyone have any suggestions? Are there any problems/hassles going with another display other than the 20 or 23in apple? With the student discount, price comes out to be ~$2850 for a 15in PB (100GB @7200rpm HD), HK sound sticks, and the 20in display....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Can't comment exactly on Bose for computers-- I do have them for me stereo and they're fantastic, so I imagine computer speakers are good, too. I have generation 1 sounsticks and have given Sounsticks II as a gift-- all have been great. My opinion is that whatever you choose, you're probably going to be very pleased.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Well I placed my order and went with the 15in PB 7200rpm 100GB HD and the HK Sound Sticks II, so I will post with my thoughts when they get here!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Jealous. Enjoy. I also bought the itunes volume logic plugin by octiv (I think) and the sound output is even better.

Enjoy the new setup!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by VWR32

Well I placed my order and went with the 15in PB 7200rpm 100GB HD and the HK Sound Sticks II, so I will post with my thoughts when they get here!

I have origional SoundSticks they connected through the USB. They sound good but sometimes would 'knock off' other USB devices. I learned through trial and error that connecting them to my keyboard USB, they worked best. Of course the new SoundSticks II don't use USB. There not audiophile quality but still freakin good computer speekers. There looks are awesome and they sound great, Enjoy!