Graphics chipsets in new Intel Macs

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 113
    Quote:

Originally posted by OfficerDigby

$700 iBooks would sell like something that sells very fast indeed.

Like hot cakes perhaps?

Quote:

iBooks $700-800 and PB's somewhere lower than $1500 (to catch the me's).

But then they need another line to catch the self-stlyed "Apple Pro-Users" who want the satisfaction of the $2500 PB's along with the surcharge $600-800 donation to Apple RD.

Too complicated product line? a choice of three..

Or Good, Better, Best,

or in Spanish: Bein, Mejor, Mejor.

Maybe confusing for them
  • Reply 102 of 113
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

THEY MADE THE DEV MACHINES HAVE SHARED VIDEO TO CUT COSTS, BECAUSE PORTING PROGRAMS DOESN'T REQUIRE A 7800GTX. YOU ARE AN IDIOT! AN ABSOLUTE FREAKING IDIOT!

My god.

I agree - Apple is not going to ship a $3500AUD system with an shared video chipset. People are going to take one look at it and go, "wtf? I can get two 7800GTX in SLI, An FX57, ridiculously high amounts of RAM, a terabyte of hard disk space a PCI wifi card AND expandibility for that price with windows."
  • Reply 103 of 113
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

hmmm... yeah i think it was placebo that asked me way back to shut the fuck up about intel shared video. still pissed off placebo?? chill mate

Yeah, sorry, but I pretty much have to don scuba gear each time I enter this thread so I don't drown in the stupidity.
  • Reply 104 of 113
    Quote:

Originally posted by OfficerDigby

iBooks $700-800 and PB's somewhere lower than $1500 (to catch the me's).

But then they need another line to catch the self-stlyed "Apple Pro-Users" who want the satisfaction of the $2500 PB's along with the surcharge $600-800 donation to Apple RD.

Too complicated product line? a choice of three..

why not :

- 700 : 12" ibook shared graphic card - combo

- 850 : 12" ibook better

- 1000 : 13.3 ibook good

- 1200 : 13.3 ibook very good

- 1500 : ultrathin 12" powerbook

- 1800 : ultrathin 15" powerbook

- 2100 : ultrathin 17" powerbook

would works for me!
  • Reply 105 of 113
    Originally posted by pyriX

I agree - Apple is not going to ship a $3500AUD system with an shared video chipset. People are going to take one look at it and go, "wtf? I can get two 7800GTX in SLI, An FX57, ridiculously high amounts of RAM, a terabyte of hard disk space a PCI wifi card AND expandibility for that price with windows."

well, they DO ship a $3999 AUD system :

Dual-core 2.3GHz PowerPC G5 processor

1.15GHz frontside bus per processor

1MB L2 cache per core

512MB memory (533MHz DDR2 SDRAM)

250GB Serial ATA hard drive

16x SuperDrive (double-layer)

Three open PCI Express expansion slots

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 with 256MB of GDDR SDRAM

to which i say, WTF? i can get two 7800gtx in SLI, FX57, 4gb ram, blah blah blah....
  • Reply 106 of 113
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

I think you missed the part where he said that this hypothetical $3500 AUD system would have shared video memory.
  • Reply 107 of 113
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

I think you missed the part where he said that this hypothetical $3500 AUD system would have shared video memory.

well, paying $3999 AUD and getting only a 6600, not even a 6600GT, can still be a sore point for many 8)
  • Reply 108 of 113
    Quote:

Dual-core 2.3GHz PowerPC G5 processor

1.15GHz frontside bus per processor

1MB L2 cache per core

512MB memory (533MHz DDR2 SDRAM)

250GB Serial ATA hard drive

16x SuperDrive (double-layer)

Three open PCI Express expansion slots

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 with 256MB of GDDR SDRAM

to which i say, WTF? i can get two 7800gtx in SLI, FX57, 4gb ram, blah blah blah....

Integrated graphics is not the same as a geforce 6600.

I take your point though, but that kick shit 7800GTX system DOESNT have OSX
  • Reply 109 of 113
    tell me about it mate. \ i did some maths on my pc rig i built, and looks like (shh... don't tell my parents) it amounts to 4,500 in local currency (ringgits) the key to unlocking its value is running os X somehow, somewhere... can't lose windoze, 'coz i do have fun playing some games (ut2004, nfs: most wanted, matrixath of neo and soon hopefully: star wars battlegrounds2)

working on it though. a tripple booty system (ubuntu64, winxp32, mac osx86) would make my $4,500 rig truly bloody worth every penny....!
  • Reply 110 of 113
    edit: yeah, i get your point too, no worries, i was just being a cheeky bunny.
  • Reply 111 of 113
    Quote:

edit: yeah, i get your point too, no worries, i was just being a cheeky bunny.

Tis christmas baby rabbits that are quite soft dont come till Easter.
  • Reply 112 of 113
    Quote:

tell me about it mate. \ i did some maths on my pc rig i built, and looks like (shh... don't tell my parents) it amounts to 4,500 in local currency (ringgits) the key to unlocking its value is running os X somehow, somewhere... can't lose windoze, 'coz i do have fun playing some games (ut2004, nfs: most wanted, matrixath of neo and soon hopefully: star wars battlegrounds2)

working on it though. a tripple booty system (ubuntu64, winxp32, mac osx86) would make my $4,500 rig truly bloody worth every penny....!

When teh intel macs come out, buy the OS, and go here www.osx86project.org

WOOT: 200th post, right after the 199th

EDIT: and just realised it was to the same person too.
  • Reply 113 of 113
    Quote:

Integrated graphics is not the same as a geforce 6600.

I take your point though, but that kick shit 7800GTX system DOESNT have OSX

well, not until i hack it with a nice OSX on x86.