Annoucement: Line 6 Finally Got It! (Guitar/Bass Players)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Well, since the release of Tiger, those blessed with having a POD XT Live (Possibly other PODs) had the misfortune of incompatibility and odd problems with Mac OS X. Well I just now noticed that they updated their drivers and software in late November and now we can use it via USB. I know it's a little late, but I'm just so excited!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Let us know how it works. I've thought about trying to learn guitar and while I like the Line6 stuff their Mac support has sucked. I was beginning to eyeball Guitar Rig as the next viable solution for apt dwellers.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Let us know how it works. I've thought about trying to learn guitar and while I like the Line6 stuff their Mac support has sucked. I was beginning to eyeball Guitar Rig as the next viable solution for apt dwellers.

We I have had success with garageband with no latency and I am incredibly happy. It makes me want to shell more money into Line 6 and get a Variax.... maybe. Anyways, I am in the process with working it out to work with Logic via USB as well but have had no luck; which I am 100% positive is something I am doing wrong since I can see activity in the db meter.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Ugh... don't buy a Variax. (I am a professional audio engineer, BTW). They just sound like a Pod playing through a speaker, which is odd because they are ... a Pod playing through a speaker. May as well just plug your pod in!

I'm lucky enought to use fantastic guitar amps every day (original Marshall 100w stacks, beautiful old AC30s, all sorts) and IMHO the only modeller that really cuts it for a pro recording is Native Instruments Guitar Rig. Granted, the sound can get a bit flakey if you layer it up too much, but it doesn't suffer from that thin/mushy combination that it's so easy to get with a Pod.

The other thing I like is that it's the only modeller where changing the mic to off/on axis actually sounds like you moved the mic. Not just like some EQ has changed.

Anyway, that's just my humble opinion and there are some engineers I greatly respect who disagree with me ... such is the nature of making music!