Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Any one seen or own one yet?

If so where was it from?

Cheers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    No kidding. Why haven't we heard anything on these yet? What are the odds of getting the stealth upgrade now?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I have a Mac mini and same specs, its a cool machine, I love it alot, Im eyeing myself in a G5 Tower and boy I cant wait for that...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by evazquez757

I have a Mac mini and same specs, its a cool machine, I love it alot, Im eyeing myself in a G5 Tower and boy I cant wait for that...

What is the video ram in it? I'm very interested.

-Cheers
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by AquaMac

What is the video ram in it? I'm very interested.

-Cheers

It has only about 32mb which is really low, so really no high end games will run at all...Also im just trying to figure out if I will be able to upgrade the graphics card to like a 128mb or even a 256mb...which im not 100 percent sure.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by evazquez757

It has only about 32mb which is really low, so really no high end games will run at all...Also im just trying to figure out if I will be able to upgrade the graphics card to like a 128mb or even a 256mb...which im not 100 percent sure.

Thanks for the info. Sadly I do not believe that it is upgradeable.

It's still a cool piece 1.33Mhz and 32mb GPU in a white metal 6.5x6.5.

-Cheers
  • Reply 6 of 8
    yeah I know, I just called apple and they said no. But its all good I wanna get a G5 and thats what I will be getting soon. I wonder if some first person shooters like Doom 3 or any games like that will run on a Mac Mini, LOL
  • Reply 7 of 8
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    They will plenty of people do it. You can read about it here:

http://www.123macmini.com/forums/vie...c21708335f9473
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Im just wondering if there will ever be a external graphics card or anything like that. Also have any of you guys run Linux on a MAC? Cause im thinking of running Yellow Dog on my Mac mini and have a dual boot with OSX and Yellow Dog