G4 with GeForce 4 Ti now shipping, sort of...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Just got an email from Apple thanking me for patiently waiting for my G4 with GeForce 4Ti card.

They said that due to the current unavailability of Ti cards, they would give people who were waiting the option to have the computers shipped now with a 4MX card and they would ship the Ti

card, when available, at no extra cost and we could keep the 4MX card. You have to respond by next Tuesday.

Good way to get quick revenue in by then end of the 2nd quarter. Get paid for computers that are just sitting there, and take the hit on the difference in card prices later.

I'm doing it!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    I believe they did this with the Geforce3. A very good deal. Jump on it.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    can I have the Geforce4MX?

[ 03-23-2002: Message edited by: applenut ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Since the MX series is a cheap stuff it won't hurt Apple much to 'lose' them....

I don't know if the MX card works with Sawtooth / Gigabit G4s......
  • Reply 4 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Did they say 'lower cost?' The pasted e-mail at xlr8yourmac makes it seem like you get a GeForce4 Ti for the price of a GeForce4 MX.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    barvowbarvow Posts: 64member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Did they say 'lower cost?' The pasted e-mail at xlr8yourmac makes it seem like you get a GeForce4 Ti for the price of a GeForce4 MX.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, it's at the lower price. They changed my order total within one hour of my having told them to go ahead and ship the computer with the MX.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    The Apple Store is showing that my G4 just shipped in the last two hours. They upgraded shipping from ground to air for nothing. Now let's see how long it takes to get the GeForce 4Ti! I won't hold my breath.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    max8319max8319 Posts: 347member
    if you look at the apple online store, they won't accept any orders for the geforce4 ti. even on their high end "custom built" machine, it shows up as a geforce4 mx. i'm not sure if they price is lower than before, but i would assume so.

announced first for the mac! delivered last.....
  • Reply 8 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Max8319:

<strong>if you look at the apple online store, they won't accept any orders for the geforce4 ti. even on their high end "custom built" machine, it shows up as a geforce4 mx. i'm not sure if they price is lower than before, but i would assume so.

announced first for the mac! delivered last.....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, that doesn't look too good for getting the Ti any time soon, if they've backed off letting you order them.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Well, my G4 got here before there was even time to get tracking information from the Apple Store website. About 20 hours from showing "shipped" to delivery in Texas. I can't complain about that.