Video iPod & Belkin media reader

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My video iPod does not support the belkin media reader!!! why???????

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I don't think the media reader has been updated in ages. Its product page still uses 3G iPod photography.

Why not use the Camera Connector? It's quite a bit cheaper and essentially does the same thing, no?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I have the camera connector and it works great. Am using it on my 4 week trip to europe so I don't have to have like 5gigs worth of memory cards that I will never have the need for again.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by boatracer

I have the camera connector and it works great. Am using it on my 4 week trip to europe so I don't have to have like 5gigs worth of memory cards that I will never have the need for again.

If you don't mind I have a few questions that I hope you'll answer. I assume that since you have the camera connector you're downloading directly from the camera. If so, which camera, how long does it take to download a card, and how much does it drain the battery on the camera, the iPod?

Thanks.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    -I have a nikon coolpix 4100

-I haven't downloaded a full card, or really watched the full process. It isn't blazing fast or anything so I would recommend it for transferring say at like the end of the day, but may be too slow to download say during an event.

-battery drain on the camera seems negligible

-battery drain on the ipod is significant. Probably wouldn't do any large batches without it fully charged. Unfortunately you can't charge and download at the same time.

That being said it is certainly easier than carrying a laptop around with you. And if you think your battery is getting too low there is a stop and save option during download that allows you to stop the process.

A couple of times I have transferred about 150MB with maybe a 1/3-1/2 battery and there was almost no red line left on the battery meter (not accurate) and it was able to finish up. then the meter jumped back to like 1/4 full.