Tunatic: Amazing app

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So, I browse on over to macupdate.com before I left work for the day and run across Tunatic. It claimes to be able to "listen" to a song and tell you the name and artist. First thing that crosses my mind is that when I run the application it's going to delete my user directory so I created a new user to test it out. Maybe I'm paranoid, but anyway, it works! Though I found it strange that Panther didn't warn me that I was about to open an application that had never been ran before. You'll be amazed. Try to stump it and post the most obscure song that it knows, or doesn't know.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Once it identifies the song you can click on a little arrow it takes you to a page that has links to the iTMS, Amazon.com.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    My cell provider has a # number you can call that does the same thing and texts you with the answer. So does this program only work if you're playing it through your mac or does it use the mic?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Danosaur

My cell provider has a # number you can call that does the same thing and texts you with the answer. So does this program only work if you're playing it through your mac or does it use the mic?

You need a microphone on your mac.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Wow. Using this with the line in and digital TV, and it's mighty impressive. It got a few, including one being played on a dance remix set.

It couldn't get Living For The Weekend by Hard-Fi though or Comfort In Sound by Feeder.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Only worked on 3/6 songs that I tried it on.

Failed on:

Jackson C Frank - Here Come The Blues

Neil Young - Crime In The City (Sixty to Zero Part II)

and one more that I can't recall at the moment.