Macs are horrendous in comparison to PCs

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
If you ask me Macs suck so hard because when THEY DON'T HAVE A START BUTTON. Windows has proven that all you need to become 99% of OS is to have a start button, and it is just basic common sense, so why does Apple no have a start button in Mac OS X? Is it because you epople are all so high and mighty and you like to have sub-quaity machines?

Macs are poorly designed and their operating system is based on technology that doesn 't conform to industry standards.

If you ask me Macs suck completely, it once took me about 20 minutes to copy a file from one folder to another folder IN THE SAME HARDDRIVE.

Plus, there are no games on Mac, wtf is with that? Steve Jobs is a dick and should be murdered, WHY DON'T YOU MAC IDIOTS GO HOME AND STFU?! In the real world we use PCs and Windows because that's how the world works, wtf is your problem? No start button, no graphics, no games, Apple don't even make consoles? WTF would that be? An iBox?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Nice troll.

Now go fuck yourself.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    What the hell kind of response is that? This kind of abusive behaviour typifies the Mac community as a whole.

Sub-quality computer for sub-human users.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Fine, you want a proper response?

Quote:

Originally posted by Yixian

If you ask me

But we didn't ask you. And what does this topic have to do with "Future Hardware"?

Quote:

Macs suck so hard because when THEY DON'T HAVE A START BUTTON.

Aka "I don't like Macs because they're different".

Quote:

Windows has proven

If anything, Windows has proven once again that the vast majority of people are idiots.

Quote:

that all you need to become 99% of OS is to have a start button, and it is just basic common sense,

Is it?

Quote:

so why does Apple no have a start button in Mac OS X?

Because it is different.

Quote:

Macs are poorly designed and their operating system is based on technology that doesn 't conform to industry standards.

"Industry standard" is nothing but a euphemism for "monopoly".

Quote:

If you ask me Macs suck completely, it once took me about 20 minutes to copy a file from one folder to another folder IN THE SAME HARDDRIVE.

ZOMG! Let me guess, that was on, what, System 6.07?

Quote:

Plus, there are no games on Mac, wtf is with that?

There are hardly any games for Linux or Zeta or FreeBSD, why is that? Hmm?

Quote:

Steve Jobs is a dick and should be murdered

You should really be careful with such allegations in public.

Quote:

, WHY DON'T YOU MAC IDIOTS GO HOME AND STFU?!

This happens to be our home. It's a Mac-related forum. What are you doing here?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    I am here to try and convince you that you might as well get rid of your Macs. I am simply stating my opinion, I listen to both sides.

Then you come along and swear at me and purposefully misinterpret my joke about Steve Jobs to try and make me look bad just because I have a bad word for Macs.

And no it wasn't System 6 it was a duel processor G5 running 10.3, and this happened only a few days ago. This is a common problem with Macs, they are very slow when moving files, that is another reason why there's no point in flogging these dead horses!
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

I am here to try and convince you that you might as well get rid of your Macs.

Good for you.

Quote:

I am simply stating my opinion, I listen to both sides.

No, you don't.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Sure, I would love to run Windows, but unfortunately in my line of work none of the software our company (Film/TV/Music) uses is available for Windows. FYI, these are some of the application I'm talking about: Digital Performer, Final Cut, Shake, Shake, Motion, Photoretouch Pro and, as of last week, Aperture. The moment these high-end applications are available for Windows I'm willing to give it a try, ok?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Digital Performer is available for Windows, google it fool.

Chucker is just trying to get an angry response from me so ignore him please.

Anyway, the switch to Intel is obviously just Apples next step toward becoming a manufactuurer of Wintels and then it will stop making PCs altogether because they have crap ideas like Firewire (pffft, I wonder why that is in the news right now? ) and iSight, which NOBODY uses.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Fine, find me a good replacement to Adium (Trillian doesn't count), NetNewsWire (FeedDemon doesn't count), Colloquy (mIRC doesn't count).

Also, you might wanna know that I'm a Windows 2000/2003 server admin, so I know more than you ever will about Windows, and I know why I won't want to use it at home when I can have Mac OS X instead.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Digital Performer is available for Windows, google it fool.

You asked a civil reply, which I gave you, and yet to resort to abuse yourself, which is unfortunate. As to your remark, Digital Performer is not available for Windows, sorry, please check the manufactures site here please:

Digital Performer by Mark of the Unicorn
  • Reply 10 of 13
    The fact that almost the entire world uses Windows obviously means I am right and that clinging on to Macs is a stupid idea.

And Chuckr I'm glad you have calmed down you were acting like a manic before.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Also, Macs will never be as fast as PCs because you always choose the wrong hardware developers. Nobody cares about intel, it's all about Athlon now, they can reach speeds far superior to IMB or Intel. Only a complete n00b doesn't know this.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Unfortunately, in my line of business (again, Film/Tv/Music) no-one uses Windows. I don't know why this is so though.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Yixian, thanks for playing, but you're outta here.

Locked.