Automated resoltion change (1440x900 to 1680x1050)

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok, so I have a lot (i mean a lot) of 1440x900 Photoshop images. I want to change the files' resolution to 1680x1050 and resize it to fit the new 1680x1050 space. Is there a easy way that I can do this to many, many images?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Automator?

Although I think there may be some loss of quality due to pixelation.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Anything that supports batch operations. Automator will work, GraphicConverter can do it too. Photoshop's built-in batch kinda sucks, although I haven't looked at it for a while.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Photoshop can do that, but do you need to? Just set the desktop to scale in the desktop picture control panel. All your images will automatically fit to screen regardless of size.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    It's pretty easy to do in Automator (if you're on Tiger, that is).

Search for "scale", drag "Scale Images" to your workflow, have it add a copy action if you want to preserve originals, type "1680" as size in pixels and save the result as an application.

The result will end up on your desktop (you can change this by editing the first part of your workflow).

The thing's a little slow, but it works.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Photoshop can do that, but do you need to? Just set the desktop to scale in the desktop picture control panel. All your images will automatically fit to screen regardless of size.

Thanks. I didn't think of the obvious! This will save me so much time.