Urgently need to reinstall iDVD - Please Help!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Please help!

I am making a DVD as a present to my family for Christmas and iDVD has gone tits up, so I need to reinstall. But I cannot find any iLife installation disk! My G5 came with iLife 04 pre-installed, and I don't think there was a disk. (On the OSX disk there is "Install Bundled Sofware Only" but it always comes up with "error reading package").

In desperation, I found an installer on the 'Net (I do own it, after all!); it reinstalled it fine but killed all my themes - including the one I am using for my family!

Please help! My Christmas present is about to be ruined ...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I only actually need one theme - I think it's called Collage or Montage. Can someone send me that theme? Do they even exist as separate files? Anyway, the theme is the very top right one here.

Thanks!

PS: I can only find OSX discs 1 and 2 that came with my computer. Should there also have been a Software Restore disc? Maybe that's got iLife 04 on it? Not that I know where it is, if it exists.

• Reply 2 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I don't have the latest version, but this is what I found. Hope it works.

LINKY
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Thankyou for your kind help, but I'm afraid the Zip did not work! Stuffit says there are 2023406814 hours remaining (!) and Terminal Unzip says:

Quote:

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not

a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the

latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on

the last disk(s) of this archive.

Would you mind resending it, perhaps as a disk image? I'm sorry to impose, but you might just save Christmas!

Thanks so much.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Hooray!

I managed to get a friend to email the file to me.

Special thanks to Ebby - although your zip did not work, it did show me the file name I needed to look for!

Thanks!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    iDVD is on the Software Restore Directory of one of the 2 grey DVDs that came with your G5. I think it accesses through the Additional Software portion of the installer. That should let you get your install back to full-up status.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Ah, I'm sorry it didn't work. I went to sleep right after so I didn't get your message until now.

Glad to see you still got it though.