How to change default save setting in Pages?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have been using pages for a month or two now and like the stripped down feature set. It makes for an easy-to-use experience and I don't miss the so called "power features" of Word.

The only thing I don't like too much is the default setting of saving as .pages format. Is there any way to change the default save format to .rtf? It would make moving documents between macs and winpc's a lot easier for me.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kishan

I have been using pages for a month or two now and like the stripped down feature set. It makes for an easy-to-use experience and I don't miss the so called "power features" of Word.

The only thing I don't like too much is the default setting of saving as .pages format. Is there any way to change the default save format to .rtf? It would make moving documents between macs and winpc's a lot easier for me.

Many thanks.

If saving to .rtf is this important to you, then you are probably using the wrong app. The .rtf conversion cannot handle the level of formatting that Pages can produce. TextEdit can read and write both .rtf and .doc files. Unlike Pages, TextEdit is free free for all installatons of MacOS X.