The Real Problem with Pages

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
While browsing through Pages one day, I realised that at the momment, it's not really a Word Processor. Let me explain. It's not equivilant to MS Word, it's (sorta) equivilant to MS Publisher. So I think that Pages needs to lead into both directions more and add more custom design options.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Well that's good, considering Microsoft doesn't include Published in the Mac version of Office.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Well that's good, considering Microsoft doesn't include Published in the Mac version of Office.

Yea. And I'm thinking that if Apple does expand it into a more powerful word processor and a more powerful publisher, and adds spearsheet and database, it might actualy have competition over Microsoft Office. As far as Keynote and PowerPoint, they could improve slightly but the reality is, the use of extra features of available in those programs are almost none, espessialy in buissness, etc
  • Reply 3 of 3
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    I think pages is amazing. I've played around with it a bit, and I'm very impressed.

BUT it does not feel like a word processor. I hate the inspector windows. They are awful. Bad usability.