Merry Christmas, Mac Geeks!

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I just wanted to get some Christmas (or Mac-mas) spirit up in here.

I hope everyone here has a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    Thank you, and the same to you, yourself, merry christmas! I hope everyone receives many mac-related gifts

I just got the pink iPod mini in the mail that I had bought for my girlfriend's gift, wish I had bought it for her last year, since they have been discontinued demand has gone up up up and I had to pay $300 for the thing And no, she wouldn't settle for a nano, it had to match her gameboy (rare pink anodized aluminum model that was only available in japan)
  • Reply 2 of 23
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    My wife got me a new 60GB iPod to replace my dying 1G 20 GB.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    HO! HO! HO!

Yesterday was the 19th birthday of my first Mac.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Happy Holidays! May the spirit of the jolly nondenominational man in the red suit visit your home and place presents underneath your holiday trees.

My old high school can't use the words X-mas, christmas, Hanukah, Kwanzaa, or any related words anymore because it is "discriminatory"
  • Reply 5 of 23
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ichiban_jay

My old high school can't use the words X-mas, christmas, Hanukah, Kwanzaa, or any related words anymore because it is "discriminatory"

Mine can't use "kike" anymore.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Quote:

No dudes! It's Happy Chrismahannukwanzakuh.

And if you really want to be politicaly correct juts say Holiday.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Bah humbug to political correctness. Us Mac people can just call it Mac-mas!

I'm getting a lovely, personalized iPod nano from mom.

Happy 19th birthday to your first baby, Mac on a Mac!!
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac_Doll

Bah humbug to political correctness. Us Mac people can just call it Mac-mas!

I'm getting a lovely, personalized iPod nano from mom.

Happy 19th birthday to your first baby, Mac on a Mac!!

WTF mate? Mac-mas is MWSF. duh
  • Reply 9 of 23
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Merry Christmas, heathens.

I don't know what I'm getting from the little woman this year because it's not Christmas yet and, since we're not heathens, we don't open our gifts before Christmas; neither do we give each other lists of what the other should buy for us. So it is a mystery to me and a fun one at that.

I've bought and wrapped 32 presents so far. I think I am done now, but there are still a few more days.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all. I hope that Santa Klaus (or your family and friends) will be nice with you
  • Reply 11 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

I've bought and wrapped 32 presents so far. I think I am done now, but there are still a few more days.

So domesticated. . .

This year, it's overpriced fruit packs for everyone. Except that I live on the Indian River, so it's actually pretty cheap.

• Reply 12 of 23
    icfireball: I'm not lucky enough to attend MWSF so I'm celebrating now.

Wish I was going, I wanna see Steve's keynote!!
  • Reply 13 of 23
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Merry Christmas and a happy and peaceful New Year to all at AI.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    Quote:

I find this hard to believe, since almost all of the "War on Christmas" is based on half-truths and outright lies(the schools in Plano never banned red and green clothes, major business chains will not fire employees for saying "Merry Christmas," the ACLU is not part of a plot to end the celebration of Christmas, that town in Michigan never banned red or green colors, etc).
  • Reply 15 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac on a Mac

HO! HO! HO!

Sounds like you're getting yourself 3 Ho's.

Merry Christmas everybody!
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Merry Christmas one and all!

(If my parents, who were communists, could have a Christmas tree and send Christmas presents, then I don't see any reason why the rest of us shouldn't.)

May [insert your God of choice] see you OK this post-solstice, and may you get great presents, and may you not argue with your family and may you eat yourselves into a coma.

Happy Christmas all Christian folk, Happy Christmas all it's-been-Christmas-for-1000-years-so-why-stop-now? folk, Happy Holidays everybody else, apart from all die-hard-we-remember-Northern-Europe-before-the-Christians folk, to whom may I express my wish that you pass a Happy Rebirth of the Undying Sun.

Happy Christmas.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

neither do we give each other lists of what the other should buy for us. So it is a mystery to me and a fun one at that.

Oh you two haven't had THAT fight yet.

That's okay. It doesn't typically come until after there is a house payment.

Then the lists are mandatory.

Nick
  • Reply 18 of 23
    Happy Christmas everyone! After a very stressful month I think I'm finally getting into the Christmas spirit, of course it didn't hurt that we went out to lunch at work today on the boss and the waitress left a brand new bottle of Patron on the table!
  • Reply 19 of 23
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Merry Christmas to you all!

It's raining in Missouri this Christmas Eve. \
  • Reply 20 of 23
    How interesting; it rained here last night. Hope it won't rain on Christmas day. I shall check the Weather Channel...

Aftershock: Three ho's.... I laughed so hard I snorted at that one!