Games you wished would be ported to the Mac

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Well...hmmm...to be true I am really not interested. I just wanted to say that I really wish this was a mac game:

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/665/665113/

So...ehh...what games do you want for the mac?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    igrantigrant Posts: 180member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Well...hmmm...to be true I am really not interested. I just wanted to say that I really wish this was a mac game:

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/665/665113/

So...ehh...what games do you want for the mac?

Games I would like to see for Mac would be the following:

Half-Life 2

Half-Life

CounterStrike

Final Fantasy XII (not out yet)

Final Fantasy XI Online

There are probabely more, but the Half-Life games are the ones I would really really like to see ported to the Mac OS, if the source ever becomes public, i might even try to port it.

-iGrant
  • Reply 2 of 10
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    I'd like to just see Knights of the Old Republic 2. The first one was ported so why not the second?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by iGrant

There are probabely more, but the Half-Life games are the ones I would really really like to see ported to the Mac OS, if the source ever becomes public, i might even try to port it.

Half-Life was ported to the Mac.

It just never it made it into public hands.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    We won't have to worry about this much longer. Once MacTel PCs come and we can run Windows on Intel hardware, we will simply buy the newest PC once it hits the stores.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave K.

We won't have to worry about this much longer. Once MacTel PCs come and we can run Windows on Intel hardware, we will simply buy the newest PC once it hits the stores.

I know this is what everyone believes but there will be a few complications:

1. You'll have to buy Windows.

2. If the Macintels use EFI, you won't be playing any games 'till Vista.

2.a Vista won't be cheap.

3. Some parts of the computer may or may not be supported by Windows.

It's nice to dream but until we know exactly what the state of Intel Macs are, we can't jump to conclusions.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Will graphics cards be a problem? I know that getting a PC NVidia card to work in a mac is supposed to be a big drag - will it also be hard to get a mac graphics card working in Windows?

The game I want is Planescape: Torment, but changed from turn-based to live action (like Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance).
  • Reply 7 of 10
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Sid Meier's Pirates would top my list. Is Call of Duty available for Mac?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    BF2
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Reach way back and do System Shock 2 for old time's sake.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kishan

Sid Meier's Pirates would top my list. Is Call of Duty available for Mac?

CoD @ Mac Game Store

Agreed on HL2 and SS2. HL2 is the only reason I have a PC now. I'm very glad to hear the Civ4 is coming.

In the past month, I've made a big decision: no new PC (or upgrades) for games. It will be strictly PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 (unless it's the bollocks) and those for the Mac.