• Reply 1 of 17
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    My new year's resolution is 1280 x 854.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by yama

1280 x 1024.

And more hot dancing girls than last year.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Mine is to find a way to earn tons of $$$ without doing ANY work

+1

PS: Have you seen www.milliondollarhomepage.com ? Guess who owns www.animatedmilliondollarhomepage.com and haven´t got around to do anything about it (besides learning how to make animated gifs).

My resolutions: Finish my dissertation. And/or: If I ever turn the above into a real money maker do something a dream I have of making a really low cost security system via the magic of software.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    My new years resolution is not to go 6 months without having sex with a girl. I have until February 7th.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    ShawnJ, how pathetic, I mean its been almost two years since I have been laid, of course, the scientist set aren't the most attractive people in the world physically or otherwise...
  • Reply 6 of 17
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I know. I've been handling the single life pretty poorly since breaking up with the girlfriend. Or rather, she broke up with me. I'm a relationship man myself.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Do some creative work instead of watching other people's creative work.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Mine is to find a way to earn tons of $$$ without doing ANY work

Look, Its Peter from Office Space...

<lunburg>

Yea, about that, I dont think that is a possibility...yea...

</lumburg>
  • Reply 9 of 17
    1)Get a more enjoyable and better paying job

2)Lose 15-25 pounds and increase my fitness. Get in 1000 miles of hiking and 1500 total walk/run/hike miles.

3)Travel more

4)More Sex with Fewer Women

5)Get around to stuff I have meant to do for years but never actually get done
  • Reply 10 of 17
    igrantigrant Posts: 180member
    get the 13" widescreen iBook with an Intel chip . . . . .
  • Reply 11 of 17
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    To masturbate no more then 5 times a day. Gain the weight I lost from smoking crack. Give my ex the 10 year back child support I owe her. Turn myself in for those past hit and runs. Return the 100?s of library books I barrowed since the early 80?s. Oh yeah and stop smoking. This of course is just a joke ? I?d never turn myself in.

Happy News Year everyone!
  • Reply 12 of 17
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iGrant

get the 13" widescreen iBook with an Intel chip . . . . .

to steal iGrant ibook
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by yama

...mine: 15360x1600
  • Reply 14 of 17
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

To masturbate no more then 5 times a day. Gain the weight I lost from smoking crack. Give my ex the 10 year back child support I owe her. Turn myself in for those past hit and runs. Return the 100?s of library books I barrowed since the early 80?s. Oh yeah and stop smoking. This of course is just a joke ? I?d never turn myself in.

To be just like Relic!
  • Reply 15 of 17
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

To masturbate no more then 5 times a day. Gain the weight I lost from smoking crack. Give my ex the 10 year back child support I owe her. Turn myself in for those past hit and runs. Return the 100?s of library books I barrowed since the early 80?s. Oh yeah and stop smoking. This of course is just a joke � I?d never turn myself in.

Quote:

Originally posted by Gene

To be just like Relic!

Hmm. Are you two in this together?

Em, my new year resolution is to have no more than 2 cups of filter coffee a day. Now there's excitement for comparision
  • Reply 16 of 17
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    1. Play more games with my kids - I am ordering all the old Avalon Hill games that I loved as a teen (Civilization, Titan, Risk, etc).

2. Learn to love living in my house, including the piles of crap my wife drags home from the thrift store and sams club on a daily basis (anyone else have this problem? I have a hard time seeing the floor some days)

3. Excercise and meditate more
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by e1618978

1. Play more games with my kids - I am ordering all the old Avalon Hill games that I loved as a teen (Civilization, Titan, Risk, etc).

I remember playing a great WWI game from them back in the 70s/80s... mostly air war... AAA, balloons, a few ground units, but mostly biplanes... remarkably accurate info on the planes of the period... hex based tiles and dice... still quite remarkable for fun and educational value at the time.

Quote:

2. Learn to love living in my house, including the piles of crap my wife drags home from the thrift store and sams club on a daily basis (anyone else have this problem? I have a hard time seeing the floor some days)

New Year is a traditional time for re-evaluating priorities, ergo a natural time for winnowing the proverbial wheat from the chaff throughout one's life... the passé fashion and detritus in the closet, the flotsam and jetsam cluttering the house and garage, etc...

Look on it as an opportunity to invoke resolutions to help clear clutter in the name of 'a fresh start'. Note that the Chinese/Lunar New Year (Jan 29 this year) has a tradition where you're not supposed to sweep on the first day, to avoid sweeping the New Year's Good Luck out by accident, so one might conclude that insisting on a domestic detox or purge on day 1 of 2006 might not be convincing, but still....

Quote:

3. Excercise and meditate more

Ommmm.... 2.... 3..... 4.....