Haha, thinksecret Bans me.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apparently somebody at thinksecret didn't like the fact I know certian "things" for a fact.

You have been banned for the following reason:

None

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

lol merry christmas right?

especially considering i've given them juicy tidbits in the past...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    You must be "userinterface".

And FYI, it's not ThinkSecret. They don't run a board of their own any more.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

Apparently somebody at thinksecret didn't like the fact I know certian "things" for a fact.

gasp - need to breathe....

Hey, not even knowing the name of the forum you're posting on really does wonders for your credibility.

Anyway, welcome to MacNN!

• Reply 3 of 11
    It's really not a smart idea to keep pulling things out of your butt when you've been warned not to multiple times by members and moderators for months.

Doesn't matter what board you're on. You'll find the same here.

You think you "know" stuff? You don't sound like you do.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

You think you "know" stuff? You don't sound like you do.

Why is that?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by skatman

Why is that?

Here's an example claim of his last night: "uh well there won't be a new imac for 12 more months, AKA another year".

Now, he could mean, of course, that there won't be a *major* revision to the iMac for another year, but he didn't say that. He said there would be no revisions whatsoever. For, essentially, 14 months.

Or "Why include firewire on an iBook? It's a student bargin basement computer, and its' about to get cheeper from Apple. If you want to do video editing, surely you can afford the extra $500 for a".

The iBook is not marketed as a "student bargin[sic] basement computer". A quick check on Apple's "iBook G4 - Graphics" page entirely contradicts that. In fact, none of the five tabs says "Education".

And guess what? iMovie, part of iLife, has been marketed ever since its inception to be made for the iMac and iBook. It comes bundled with both of them. It does not (or not fully) support USB-based video cameras.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    chuck, and what's wrong with all of those statements? They stand on their own, there won't update until 12 months from the last update..

Everything else you "quoted" me on are person feelings about the cheepiest laptop apple makes.. None of those are "forward looking statements"

• Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

chuck, and what's wrong with all of those statements? They stand on their own, there won't update until 12 months from the last update..

Everything else you "quoted" me on are person feelings about the cheepiest laptop apple makes.. None of those are "forward looking statements"

the imac isn't a laptop.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

You had been repeatedly asked both by members and by moderators not to make "person[sic] feelings" sound like facts.

Quote:

I know certian "things" for a fact [..] especially considering i've given them juicy tidbits in the past

Oh yeah?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    i have to say that the opinion on the iBook is not such a bad one.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Might not be bad, but wrong.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    You say it with such conviction, maybe you have inside information to be so certian?

I've been told the 13" ibook/slim-notebook will drop firewire or include some sort of adapter for firewire/usb so cameras work.

Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

Might not be bad, but wrong.