Keynote Live or Afterwards?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone heard about they keynote video feed? Something came up at the last minute and I won't be able to attend in person. The last two years? have been made available afterwards instead of live. Has anyone heard anything regarding video stream?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

Anyone heard about they keynote video feed? Something came up at the last minute and I won't be able to attend in person. The last two years? have been made available afterwards instead of live. Has anyone heard anything regarding video stream?

Thanks.

Afterwards...almost certinly...

Akami always has the session up about an hour or two after the fact and they still get slammed for a day or so...I think a live stevenote feed would be near impossible at a high quality today with the number of people that would watch, even compared to two years ago...but no one ouside of Apple knows the stream status for certin yet.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'd like to see them do a satellite broadcast again. I'd tune in here at work at watch it over lunch.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I'd like to see them do a satellite broadcast again. I'd tune in here at work at watch it over lunch.

Me too, assuming it was on simple c-band with no cypher...I think I could twist some arms and get the dish set up to push it out on the CCTV here in the office...
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I have watched the last few years MWSF stevenotes on C band. the problem is getting the coordinates (Sat and transponder #) in time. I presume they will have a sat broadcast this Jan. You would think with all the buzz about SJ and Apple that a network would want to carry it live. Course ''Days of our lives'' would have to run later
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Pay-Per-View! I'd pay a few bucks to watch it live...
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by geekdreams

Pay-Per-View! I'd pay a few bucks to watch it live...

you mean iTunes-One-Click-Pay-Per-View for it... eh?

I would love to see a section of Apple Videos on the iTMS
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

you mean iTunes-One-Click-Pay-Per-View for it... eh?

I would love to see a section of Apple Videos on the iTMS

I would buy all the MWSF and WWDC keynote speeches starting with the iMac/iBook introduction and OS X unveiling.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    phongphong Posts: 219member
    They should just 'Torrent it.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Phong

They should just 'Torrent it.

For Apple, it is not a a matter of bandwidth, which is what Torrenting is the best method for.

They should really release the Stevenotes on a DVD... it would be so damn cool and they could make a little bit of money off all of us meganerds.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    phongphong Posts: 219member
    I was thinking that, the reason they are probably not selling them on DVDs, is that the costs currently outweigh the benefits, and that 'torrenting would help them drive down the cost.

But on second thought that sounds pretty silly. You're right, bandwidth probably isn't that much issue with them.