Indy Colts coach Dungy's son is dead

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2268593

My condolences Tony. No parent should have to lose their child. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Agreed. I have never heard anything bad about Tony. My condolances to he and his family. With the season he has been having he had to be riding high. What a horrid way to be brought down.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I pray that the Lord carries the burden of the pain for Mr. Dungy, his family and friends.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    The latest news is that he committed suicide.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    tony dungy is somewhat of a local folk hero in my old stomping grounds of tampa. not JUST because he made the bucs a contender after decades of obscurity (though that helped), but because he has always been a great person. he still calls the area home even though he doesn't "work" there anymore (remember, the glazers let him go...). he consolidated a community through one of the few civic institutions in the area that desperately needed him to.

i read an article by gary shelton in the st pete times online after the death, and it sums it up very well. give it a read...

"Tony Dungy's pain and strength are unimaginable"
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

tony dungy is somewhat of a local folk hero in my old stomping grounds of tampa. not JUST because he made the bucs a contender after decades of obscurity (though that helped), but because he has always been a great person. he still calls the area home even though he doesn't "work" there anymore (remember, the glazers let him go...). he consolidated a community through one of the few civic institutions in the area that desperately needed him to.

i read an article by gary shelton in the st pete times online after the death, and it sums it up very well. give it a read...

"Tony Dungy's pain and strength are unimaginable"

He is also well respected in Minnesota where he went to school and coached for the Vikings. My relatives up there cheer for him unless he is playing the Vikes.