Apple car audio

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
In one of the news discussions we were looking at the idea of Apple working to possibly supply audio equipment for cars.

I though that it would be a good idea if Apple worked with the companies to do this.

Here are two interesting installations.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...005/12/24/2207

Would anyone buy something like these if they were offered by the manufacturers?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Who need cars! I think they should do a bike installation.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Who need cars! I think they should do a bike installation.

Pedal power?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    I would certainly buy a car stereo that works much like an iPod and plays protected AACs as well as other audio formats. Having satellite radio built into it would make it even better.

I'm not crazy about the idea of car stereos that are dependant on an iPod being attached. Seems to me, the hard disk should be right in the unit and it should have Airport built in to sync with the Mac in your house when you park the car.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Apple could do some cool things with autos. Today they are on the right path by having iPod links in many new vehicles. However I believe they should be looking for more permanent installations. I don't always want to grab my iPod when I hop in my car.

Sirius has been trying to get Apple into bed for a while. Why don't they or XM Radio create a product with Satellite, Traffic and iTunes storage in one device. You could then add the ability to tag certain songs for later purchase from iTunes when you get home. Like a mobile shopping cart.

I'd like to see larger 2.5in drives used so that 100GB storage could be easily achieved. I'd like to see video support as well as Music from iTunes. Impress me.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Pedal power?

Yeah!

Never run out of battery power!

Just run out of breath!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Agent Macintosh

Yeah!

Never run out of battery power!

Just run out of breath!

• Reply 7 of 9
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Agent Macintosh

Yeah! Never run out of battery power!

Just run out of breath!

If your running out of breath your either not in shape yet, riding on flat tires or have taken a hill past your limits. Keep biking in the road!

Seriously, as a biker I hate seeing other bikers with earphones on. It's just not a safe way to go.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    yeah and they should keep stereos out of cars and not allow kids in them either....geesh