Lack of 10.5 news? :(

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    arty50arty50 Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

I'm not sure what gives you the impression that a Cocoa-based Finder would be better.

Perhaps you need to reread my post...
  • Reply 42 of 47
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Perhaps not. Whether Finder is based on Cocoa or on Carbon has nothing to do whatsoever with how fast, stable, robust, useful, powerful or fun it is.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    If you want a Cocoa Finder, Pathfinder 4 is about to be released, has tabs as well!!
  • Reply 44 of 47
    spyderspyder Posts: 170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by macanoid?

If you want a Cocoa Finder, Pathfinder 4 is about to be released, has tabs as well!!

I would use Pathfinder all day long if it wasnt for the fact that its impossible to keep the Finder quit. Whenever you open an app in Pathfinder, the Finder opens and then it opens the app.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    for those clamoring for a cocoa finder, won't the transition to intel practically REQUIRE apple to rewrite the finder in cocoa? i mean, they're not gonna let the finder run via rosetta, are they? and there's got to be so much legacy code in the finder that it will not be a quick checkbox-toggle-recompile to make it intel-compatible.

don't know why i didn't realize this earlier...
  • Reply 46 of 47
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

won't the transition to intel practically REQUIRE apple to rewrite the finder in cocoa?

No.

In fact, Finder is running on Intel just fine, and has for years. In fact, you could see it run at the WWDC '05 keynote.

Quote:

i mean, they're not gonna let the finder run via rosetta, are they?

No.

Quote:

and there's got to be so much legacy code in the finder

No.

Quote:

that it will not be a quick checkbox-toggle-recompile to make it intel-compatible.

don't know why i didn't realize this earlier... [/B]

Obviously, they already ported it.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Intel compatability has nothing to do with Cocoa.