I hate to break this news to you but.....

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
there is no Santa Claus.

This part was so dramatic. I can just imagine the tramatized six year old intoning this as if her lifeforce has been drained.

Quote:

?The teacher stopped reading and told us no one comes down the chimney,? Jamey said, curling into a ball on the couch, bracing her chin on her knees, her voice shrinking away like melting ice cream. ?She said our parents buy the presents, not Santa.?

This part is humorous....

Quote:

Since the issue involves personnel, Bell said Monday, there is little he can say about the incident, adding that it has not been determined if any disciplinary action is warranted against Farrisi.

Bell said he was aware that several parents have expressed concerns about the incident.

He also noted that the handling of Santa Claus isn?t covered in the school code.

?We do not have a Santa Claus policy,? he said. ?It?s unfortunate, but I really can?t say anything about it.?

I look forward to the future Santa Claus policy.

Welcome our new overlords...

Nick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    They have schools in central Pennsylvania?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Welcome our new overlords...

Our new overloads are substitute elementary school music teachers in central PA?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Our new overloads are substitute elementary school music teachers in central PA?

No the overlords are those who will create the Santa Claus policy.

Nick
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Is this a new front in the wider War on Christmas?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    No Santa?

Whatever.

My nephews about died from excitement when they saw this for the first time a couple years ago.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chris v

Is this a new front in the wider War on Christmas?

It's their secret weapon, next they'll tell us that there is little differnece between using Mistletoe to get a kiss or the date rape drug GHB.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    oh please can it. the simple fact is that the woman's a dick for a.) ruining the magic on her own and b.) not letting the parents decides when, if ever, they decide to reveal the truth, or let it reveal itself over time. and there was never anything said that there will BE a "santa claus policy," just that there wasn't one. you inferred the "...yet." in your own head all on your own. real cheap heat, there.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    My Kindergarten teacher told us there is no Santa Clause and I was crushed. I went to a "fire and brimstone" Baptist school so anything that might have gotten more attention than God was leaning toward the Devil so they felt justified in making sure I knew "the truth".
  • Reply 10 of 11
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by troberts

My Kindergarten teacher told us there is no Santa Clause and I was crushed. I went to a "fire and brimstone" Baptist school so anything that might have gotten more attention than God was leaning toward the Devil so they felt justified in making sure I knew "the truth".

The way you quote "the truth" almost makes it seem you now do believe in SC. Heh.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

The way you quote "the truth" almost makes it seem you now do believe in SC. Heh.

No seriously South Carolina (SC) does exist I've been there twice.