New to Mac / OS X

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi all,

I am a lifelong windows user who has taken step 1 in switching to the Mac. I bought my wife and I (really it will wind up being her's) an iBook.

What I'm looking for is a good online guide for beginners ... we are both very adept at using windows xp and previouse versions.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Blue

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Try here.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Well, really, if you're that familiar with Windows, OS X should be a snap. You'll find that both OS's have the same things. One has a Taskbar and one has a Dock, both the same, really. They both have a Control Panel, of sorts. Both have the ability for Wi-fi, Bluetooth, yada yada yada. Just remember, don't delete anything that you don't know what it is. Like something from the /Library folder. Not a good thing.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bmelnick

Hi all,

I am a lifelong windows user who has taken step 1 in switching to the Mac. I bought my wife and I (really it will wind up being her's) an iBook.

What I'm looking for is a good online guide for beginners ... we are both very adept at using windows xp and previouse versions.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Blue

I would highly recommend "Switching to the Mac" Tiger Edition - The Missing Manual - The book that should have been in the box by David Pogue & Adam Goldstein.

I made the switch this past September and my only regret is in not having made the switch a LOT sooner .
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Another great product is OS X Training for Windows Users. You could also join a local Apple User Group. And of course your always welcome to post questions here too.

Welcome to Macintosh.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    be a bit patient for the first two weeks

..then you'll be fine