iPod as external drive

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi there!

Unlike many of you readers, I absolutely *HATE* Itunes. I think it's a bloated piece of [peep!]. Unfortunately Ipod's seem to need to use iTunes for some reason, while other MP3 players behave like an external harddrive (which I strongly prefer). I hate syncronising. I just want to manually mutate my files.

Are there applications or drivers that make it possible to let the iPod behave as an external harddrive so that I can drag & drop files from and to it? Preferably cross-platform. I know about Anapod, but that's Windows only.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Yes, it naturally acts as a hard drive (if you set up that option in iTunes), but even then any music you put on the hard drive won't play in the iPod.

As far as your disdain for iTunes, I felt the same way when I first switched to a Mac several years ago. I didn't like having my entire library in one clump. I have to say, though, that having it move music and playlists automatically to your iPod is gravy. Why would you want to create MORE work for yourself?