nano software

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi peeps ...

my better half got me a nano 2gb before xmas (an i love it ) when i first got it i read the box and the minimum requirement computer wise was windows 2000 i have windows ME my heart sank but i thought i`d try it on mine anyway as i`d seen a ipod symbol on the real player i got...and it worked (chuffed) BUT i cant load the cd i got with the ipod as my computer wont accept it in any way so i cant get the itunes software or any instructions for my nano apart from the start up instructions in the box ....SO my question is there any software i can add to my ME (millenium Edition)to enable my to load the cd ...or are there any hard copies of the "in depth" instuctions available ...I`m not too worried bout the itunes too much but would like to find out about all the other functions on my much loved nono...

I`m sure the ME version of windows came out after 2000 or am i wrong...

hope this question makes sence to you ... all the best and a happy new year to you all... mark

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Hi just another quick question...

has any one tried the FM Transmitters that plug into the ipod and let you tune into your ipod from your car stereo ...

are they any good i.e whats the sound quality like or is there interferance from radio stations ect or should i get the in car kit fitted with a cradle when they become available.. cheers ...Mark
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Under the Support tab on Apple's web page there are links to manuals: I'm sure that the nano's .pdf manual would be there. You would also be able to download any iPod updaters too. I believe the latest version is 2005-11-17.

As for any FM transmitters: Griffin has just started shipping a nano version and ilounge.com has a good review of it.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I'm not completely clear on the question. You're saying the computer isn't loading the CD that comes with the iPod (the iTunes CD?) I couldn't guess why, as it is just an ordinary CD with some files on it.

If you want to view the manual on the CD, you will probably need Acrobat Reader because it is in PDF format. (Assuming that the manual is indeed on the CD and is in PDF format. I have never actually looked on the CD.)

In order to put songs onto the iPod for listening, you will need to use iTunes which will not run under Windows ME. I don't know about it being newer than 2000, but iTunes uses features that are not part of Windows ME, Windows '98 or earlier versions.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Hi again ... thanks for the replys and please accept my apologies, me being me let the computer run the disc so it went straight to the itunes part which in turn said i needed an upgrade to win2000 or higher so after i thought about it a bit more i took the opening of the disc into my own hands to view what was on it for myself only to find the manual in pdf form (as mentioned by WR)and opened it and found what i needed all along so i now have what i asked for in my first post (thanks k squared)

white rabbit... I can still get songs onto my ipod through my real player what i needed was to find out about the other functions of the ipod via the manual and whether I need the itunes software to enable me to use them (which i now have)again thanks for your replys

Mark
  • Reply 5 of 6
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by markvec

...i read the box and the minimum requirement computer wise was windows 2000 i have windows ME...

My condolences. Whenever you're ready to join the real 21st century, we will welcome you.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

My condolences. Whenever you're ready to join the real 21st century, we will welcome you.

when I bought this state of the art computer the nice man behind the desk in the flares and huge tie said it`d last me a life time... all i had to do was wind it up a few times a day and oil the inner workings periodically to keep it smooth...Doh!!!