Trailers on iTunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm a UK user so don't know whether this is different in the US, but I often get the impression - perhaps incorrectly - that people are able to download movie trailers from the iTMS. Is this the case and if so how? I'd love to be able to do this - bit bored, really pumped up about a certain movie coming out, watch the trailer on your iPod. Even better, let iTMS learn what kind of films you're interested in and automatically download a selection of trailers for your peruse at your leisure.

Any chance?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    jaycrjaycr Posts: 25member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mpw_amherst

I'm a UK user so don't know whether this is different in the US, but I often get the impression - perhaps incorrectly - that people are able to download movie trailers from the iTMS. Is this the case and if so how? I'd love to be able to do this - bit bored, really pumped up about a certain movie coming out, watch the trailer on your iPod. Even better, let iTMS learn what kind of films you're interested in and automatically download a selection of trailers for your peruse at your leisure.

Any chance?

To my knowledge this is not available through the iTMS but rather it is available through the movie web sites themselves. Movie web sites such as the one for Poseidon, Superman, and Cars offer downloadable iPod versions of thier movie trailers. It would not surprise me if these were added to the store very shortly.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I think that Apple does host some movie trailers. It seems like those that want custom pages, host their own. Apple has a site, trailers.apple.com, that lists them all, many with very high resolution.

With iTunes 6 and the iPod video, the trailers are now availible from within the iTunes application as well. Just click on Movie Trailers from the home page of the Store. I don't know if other countries have this feature or not.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I am surprised that apple doesn't release the trailers in a way to watch it on the 5G ipod
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by WhiteRabbit

I think that Apple does host some movie trailers. It seems like those that want custom pages, host their own. Apple has a site, trailers.apple.com, that lists them all, many with very high resolution.

With iTunes 6 and the iPod video, the trailers are now availible from within the iTunes application as well. Just click on Movie Trailers from the home page of the Store. I don't know if other countries have this feature or not.

It wasn't so much access to trailers that I was wondering about, as the ability to download them - for free- through the iTMS, like you can shorts/music videos and songs. I'd have thought that it was an obvious feature to have, and an automatic download of movies by genre or suggestion based on a user's interest, like the Podcast feature with radio series, would seem like a real boon for film companies.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    They do have them for iPod. At least they are starting to with new ones. I wouldn't expect them re-encode their entire collection.

A few major films that have a special iPod link:

Narnia

V for Ventetta

Pirates

M:I:3

King Kong

Poseidon

* They don't charge for the trailers. Why would they do that?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    you watch them through quicktime which streams them off the internet.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Yep it's in the store now