The Change

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I kicked out all the PC's and installed iMacs.

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: Addison ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    And here I thought this was going to be a thread about menopause.
  • Reply 2 of 27
    jesperasjesperas Posts: 524member
    Wow! Great pic! I never realized how small the new iMac's footprint really is, compared with have the traditional keyboard + CRT on a desk.

:cool:
  • Reply 3 of 27
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Wow....desk space saver :eek:

Oh by the way....can they (the employees) stand that pos one button mouse?
  • Reply 4 of 27
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    All the staff were sceptical when they first saw the one button mice, but in reallity none of them have any problems and it just is not an issue.
  • Reply 5 of 27
    spotbugspotbug Posts: 361member
    Wow, with that change, the look of that office went from late '80s, clunky to early double-aughts, up-to-date.

Neat.
  • Reply 6 of 27
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    did the old lady in the front of the pic get fired?!? where is her iMac?!

why didnt you order the cheapo $1399 iMacs w/o the speakers? in an office environment, who needs the extra clutter (and $) for something you will rarely use?
  • Reply 7 of 27
    The bottom end iMac had less memory at the launch and a very long lead time. I also thought that the re-sale value of the Combo would be higher, should I decide to upgrade to the iMac with the 18" screen in two years time.

The Lady at the front now works from home using an ip phone and VPN all connected to our office servers and telephone switch via a DSL connection, rather smart I thought.
  • Reply 8 of 27
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Well the bald guy stayed, but then his head integrates more smoothly with the new office machines. Hair is so 'bundle of wires' yesterday; 'aerodynamic' is the style of choice for dynamic men of the 21st century. The other two are taking a little longer to embrace the true iMac style, but they're getting there.
  • Reply 9 of 27
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    That picture is great. What a good change.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    you might want to tell the guy in the white shirt that iMacs are cool and all, but that he really doesn't need to bow to it like it's a God or something.
  • Reply 11 of 27
    How washed out is the LCD with that giant window right there? Must be hard for some of those people to see their screens.
  • Reply 12 of 27
    No, North facing offices and I have just installed tinted glass.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Addison:

<strong>The Lady at the front now works from home using an ip phone and VPN all connected to our office servers and telephone switch via a DSL connection, rather smart I thought.</strong><hr></blockquote>

sounds nice, wouldnt mind having a set-up like that when i get out into the real world....

is her iMac at home?
  • Reply 14 of 27
    I forgot to mention, the amibient sound level has dropped massivly, the office is almost compleatly silent...except when the 'phone rings.
  • Reply 15 of 27
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    That is quite an impressive statement made by those pictures. Apple marketing called yet, so they can use them in an ad?
  • Reply 16 of 27
    You know what else - now everyone can actually SEE each other. They are no longer hiding behind their monitors. Must make for a more dynamic work space.
  • Reply 17 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by Addison:

<strong>I kicked out all the PC's and installed iMacs.

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: Addison ]</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 18 of 27
    Very cool looking office full of cool equipment. I bet the software applications that are running are equally as impressive. What amazing applications are you running in this state of the art environment? :eek:
  • Reply 19 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by timboli:

<strong>Very cool looking office full of cool equipment. I bet the software applications that are running are equally as impressive. What amazing applications are you running in this state of the art environment? :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh dear, MacSSh, Office X mainly. I use Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Quark, and all the usuall utilities. The office is a sales environment, and I was fed up with staff tinkering and then spending a day or so sorting out the machines.

This time I have made the first account admin(with permissions) and all the users have to login as non administrators and that stops them from messing arround. With luck I will now have a virus free environment too.

I am using a Colbalt Qube mail/webserver and it works really well with the iMacs.
  • Reply 20 of 27
    stimulistimuli Posts: 564member
    Kick ass. I imagine eyestrain (from the CRT strobe) has gone way down too. You can stare at an LCD all day and not get eyestrain.