need to setup up

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
yeah so i got my imac g5, and my wintel is being used as a server in the house. but i want certian connection to start up when i login in. like my music and other files form my server. not always going to the mac drive and going to network and such. how do you do. that would be sweet. thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Can you restate your intentions?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    alright pretty much this is what i want. when i login in on my mac that automaticly i would be connected to my server automatically. with out goin to the mac drive and network and to the server. just when i start it, it is connected automatically.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    fieldyfieldy Posts: 31member
  • Reply 4 of 7
    yeah that is not realy what i thought, but i saw that, i thought there was another way
  • Reply 5 of 7
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rise Above

yeah that is not realy what i thought, but i saw that, i thought there was another way

Check out this article about SMB on the Mac. There's info about a program called SMB Manager and a link to it. Among other things, you can set it to run when you log in and then connect to a certain SMB share.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    well that would be sweat but i can not download i need a good link to download, cause i can not really. also if you guys know a good partions app for mac.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rise Above

well that would be sweat but i can not download i need a good link to download, cause i can not really. also if you guys know a good partions app for mac.

Hmmm, looks like the link doesn't work anymore and the site is all in French. I can't seem to find it to download but I do have it on my computer if you'd like me to email it to you.

For partitioning, Disk Utility can do that but there are other apps like iPartition or even DiskStudio