advise wanted for webcam

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi there,

I want to buy a laptop webcam that is small and can be attached to my 12" Powerbook without problems, and has a good video quality. I find Apple's webcam way too expensive ($149) though. Does anyone has experience with a third-party webcam for notebooks (with Mac drivers ofcourse hehe)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dacloo

I want to buy a laptop webcam that is small and can be attached to my 12" Powerbook without problems, and has a good video quality. I find Apple's webcam way too expensive ($149) though. Does anyone has experience with a third-party webcam for notebooks (with Mac drivers ofcourse hehe)?

If you already have a digital camcorder be it Digital-8, miniDV or otherwise Firewire enabled camcorder with the Firewire DV protocol, you can just use that and iChat and such programs will work just fine.

Otherwise, I can't help because I don't know what to suggest for a dedicated web cam.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    Thanks for the suggestion, but please read my post again. I am looking for a small solution to connect on my Powerbook monitor, so a DV camera will probably break it in an instant.