Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Well, it's out.

You can get it here

Installing it right now.

awesome!!
  • Reply 2 of 18
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    *sigh* I really need to upgrade to Tiger.

• Reply 3 of 18
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    A friend of mine has been chomping at the bit for this. Now he'll have one more thing to waste time with.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    For those who scored the *unofficial* Beta a few weeks back, note the build # differences:

unofficial : Version 3.1.0371.0

*official* : Version 3.1.0527.0
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Neat application but a rather lousy interface in my opinion. It strikes me as a PC port.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    The interface is exactly the same as the PC version. Works good and one hell of a good free program.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by gobble gobble

Neat application but a rather lousy interface in my opinion. It strikes me as a PC port.

It's been build on age old keyhole app and yes of course it's pc port. That keyhole app used to come bundled with nvidia TNT cards, so thats why it now runs so smoothly because it was optimised to angient graphics cards.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Awesome Application. Does anyone know how often the satellite images are updated. I have a friend who lives in a subdivision in SoCal about 18 months old and it's not there in the satellite photos.

Doug
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Douglas Holley

Awesome Application. Does anyone know how often the satellite images are updated. I have a friend who lives in a subdivision in SoCal about 18 months old and it's not there in the satellite photos.

Doug

Most of the images in there are about ten years old or so.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by gregmightdothat

Most of the images in there are about ten years old or so.

Images from my area are about 2 years old, so they are propably using newest images that are available for free.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    My area (one of those where the best images are used) is from the summer of 2004.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Project2501

It's been build on age old keyhole app and yes of course it's pc port. That keyhole app used to come bundled with nvidia TNT cards, so thats why it now runs so smoothly because it was optimised to angient graphics cards.

Would be a great concept if implemented on more apps.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Everyone seems to go gaga over this app, but I just think its ehhh. Am I the only one?
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Everyone seems to go gaga over this app, but I just think its ehhh. Am I the only one?

I dont think that anyone thinks this is a final solution to everything or is assuming this to fill your tax report for you, but that this is just a new way to conceptualize this small rock we are living on. This is also very well made app so I think it has earned these positive comments.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    This is torture, it just wets my appetite for a Mac GIS app, like ArcMap for Mac or something. Does anyone know if there is a GIS app for Mac like ArcMap? I mean a real app. GRASS wouldn't even launch. And it uses a command line interface...pff.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Well, it's out.

You can get it here

Installing it right now.

Thanks for the note Gene Clean. Glad to hear it. I will soon download it. Our area does not show up so well, but it still will be nice to be able to use this for my own enjoyment.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Interesting, the photo for Cal's Memorial Stadium is different between Google Maps and Google Earth. In Google Earth the photo was taken during a football game and the crowds are in the stadium and teams are on the field. The photo on Google maps was taken on some boring day.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    Anybody try it on an Intel Mac yet?

Seriously. I'm chopping at the bit to get a new Intel iMac, but I'm concerned some software, like Google Earth, won't run that much better under Rosetta than they're running on my MacMini right now.