iWeb - What Shareware Software Did The Acquire?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
This looks like a beautiful application but reminds me a lot (besides the flexibility with the images) of RapidWeaver. Maybe they wrote it in house but it seems to be a pretty solid app for a 1.0

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Feynman

This looks like a beautiful application but reminds me a lot (besides the flexibility with the images) of RapidWeaver. Maybe they wrote it in house but it seems to be a pretty solid app for a 1.0

If they acquired any app, it wasn't one that went public.

I think iWeb is great for a few reasons:

- it doesn't step on RapidWeaver or Sandvox toes (people that want more flexibility and customization will probably get RapidWeaver or Sandvox

- the integration with iLife is excellent: adding pictures, movies or song lists is ridiculously simple

- because you can't change the templates much, WYSIRWYG (what you see is REALLY what you get)...you can bet the websites created with iWeb will look good *every* time (assuming you put tasteful pictures on your site )

The downside is that a lot of people will have similar looking websites considering there are only 12 templates.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    It looks to me like it was based on the Pages html export, but much improved.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Yeah do not get me wrong, it looks beautiful. And it will get better with age, thus I am sure of. I just hope there is some flexibility for people who like something a little more professional. I cannot wait to get my hands on it! The site is pretty vague about the technical specs.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

It looks to me like it was based on the Pages html export, but much improved.

Indeed, It seems like we are starting to see the Keynotes/Pages paradigm all over Apple's new apps : iWeb and Aperture.

-S.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Does anyone know if iWeb includes FTP support or will it only publish to .mac?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    cesarcesar Posts: 102member
    Quote:

... webkit has HTML editing, I think it was developed from zero at apple.

by law, any company has to make an anuncement if the company aquires another one.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

The iWeb information includes this line: "*iWeb publishing requires Internet and webserver access (.Mac recommended)."
  • Reply 8 of 11
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

It will export to a folder that you can upload to any webserver.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cesar

... webkit has HTML editing, I think it was developed from zero at apple.

by law, any company has to make an anuncement if the company aquires another one.

In their reports but not in a keynote.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    cesarcesar Posts: 102member
    Quote:

In their reports but not in a keynote.

they have to said it as the deal is ink, they can't keep it as a secret
  • Reply 11 of 11
    fulmerfulmer Posts: 171member
    Quote:

Check it out:

iWeb support docs on Apple's website

And Here