What's up with the recording features on 5G iPods?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple actually improved the recording capabilities of the 5G ipod over previous generations. Yet not a single manufacturer has produced a product that takes advantage of it. That includes Apple. What gives? Griffin Technology actually removed the recording feature from iFM and has yet to upgrade the iTalk to work with the 5G. Apple just released an FM tuner/remote that does not take advantage of the iPod's recording ability. I am thinking this has to be more than a coincidence. I ask again. What gives? Never mind facts. Speculation will serve.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    That is exactly the product I have been envisioning. Thanks so much for pointing it out.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    So why isn't there a mic jack?

I am STILL in shock that there isn't a mic jack and built in mic on the very FIRST iPod. I simply won't buy a new one until they add a mic. By the time I'm in law school I hope they friggin add a mic.

• Reply 4 of 6
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    There is a mic jack. The mic it comes with is removable and you can use any 3.5 mm mic.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I looked at Tech Specs and saw the blurb about Voice Recording, High and low. Curious. There's a separate mic jack? Shoulda checked 'em out when I was at the Apple Store the other day. An internal mic would be nice, but...hmmm. So it records MP4? MP3? Interesting. I will have to look in to this. I wonder if I really COULD get a free iPod from www.freepay.com ...I'll call and see if I sign up for a credit report from Citi, which I have, if I can get one. Yay. This is good news. Great news, actually.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    He's talking about a mic jack on the Xtreme product, not on the iPod itself.